Ch. 1 First Impressions Are The Worst Impressions

Riley's P.O.V

You know, this morning when I woke up, I knew something bad was going to happen. Something completely disastrous. So when I got to school and Maya had to go get the new, older student, I had a weird feeling in my stomach. I turned to Lucas--who I've had a very serious, unofficial thing with since 7th grade-- and gave him a small smile.

"Who do you think this kid is?" I asked him.

"I don't know. He's a new student from L.A." Lucas whispered.

"Apparently his parents had to move here all of a sudden. I don't think he's gonna like us, he left a private school in L.A to come to a public high school in New York." Lucas explained, warning me.

"Good to know." I sighed leaning back in my chair.

Eventually Maya opened the door and a tall, skinny yet muscular kids walked threw the door. He had dirty-blonde hair and bright green eyes. He was wearing a gray tank-top that had a picture of the Beetles on it and was wearing black jeans, a black beanie, black leather jacket and black & gray converse. He had a nose piercing and his face was hard. He glanced around the room and scoffed before he landed on me.

Me, being me, gave him a small smile and he raised and eyebrow before chuckling under his breath--even though he didn't change his expression to do so. Ok, I'm loyal to lucas but if I had to write a Shakespeare about this guy, it would go like this:

~Oh new boy, walking in bad boy landia.

I old girl, walking in Riley Town.

~We are so different and I have a boyfriendia.

Ish.

~But I can't help feel the compelling urge to hug-eth you and not let go. Ever-eth.

Why must thou look so...how do I say it-eth?

~May I compare thou to a fine summers day?

TOO HOTHOT DAMN!

(A/N Beautiful.)

Daddy stood up and shook the kids hand and whispered something in his ear. Does my dad know this kid? The guy nodded a 'yes' and then daddy smiled and turned to us.

"Class this Mr. Farkle Minkus. I expect you'll all welcome him warmly, especially you Maya." He said pointing at Maya sternly.

She had taken the seat next to me and was glaring at Farkle like she wanted to set him on fire. Farkle got an amused look on his face and leaned back on daddy's desk.

"Why her, especially?" He said in a much lower, raspier voice than I expected.

"Well Maya's a bit of a troublemaker and not very open to change." My dad explained.

"Why change the perfect friend group I have?" Maya sneered.

"True..." Farkle said nodding his head before he stood up straight, "And uh, what friend group is that? Just so I know where I'm not welcome?" He asked scanning the room again.

"Lucas Friar-- I call him anything and everything, Zay Babineaux--he's class clown and Riley Matthews--she's my bestfriend and she's family. So there, these are the people you can't come near or else I will break you, badboy." She threatened.

"Point them out." He said casually.

"Lucas Friar a.ka. BuckyMcBoingBoing/Hop Along/Sun dance/Ranger Rick/Huckleberry, then there's Zay Babineaux a.k.a class clown, and lastly Riley Matthews a.k.a my Bestfriend/Sunshine to my life and the reason I hope for anything. She's off limits." Maya called and as soon as she said our names we stood up..

"Riley Matthews. As in Mr. Matthews? You're the teachers daughter." he asked studying me.

"Yeah, she's Matthews' daughter. She doesn't talk to jerks though, so..." Maya answered for me.

Farkle smirked, looked Maya right in the eye and walked up to my desk. My breathing got a bit shallow and my stomach got all fluttery. He kept walking toward me until he was pressed against the desk and I could smell is spearmint breath.

"Hi Riley." He greeted making Maya glare at him.

"Hi." I said in a squeaky voice.

"Well, look at that, you spoke to a 'jerk'. This won't be the last time either." He said licking his bottom lip.

Suddenly I was in a trance and I didn't care if Maya said not to talk to him.

"Peaches?" I called.

"Yeah, Sunshine?" she responded making Farkle look at her smugly.

"If I talk to Farkle will you care?" I asked making Farkle chuckle.

"Yes, I will and I hope you do the right thing and go back into RileyTown." She begged.

I looked at Farkle's small smile and his bright green eyes and turned to her smartly.

"Hope is for suckers." I stated, mocking her old saying.

"Oh boy."Lucas sighed sitting down.

"Bye, Riley." Farkle called waving at me with a smirk on his face.

"Riley, he's mocking you, he wants you to say Hi and Bye and then one day he'll humiliate you. Listen to me, I'm Peaches." Maya pleaded.

"I am shocked and offended that you think so little of me. I would almost never humiliate her." Farkle gasped taking the empty seat behind me.

"Almost?" Lucas glared.

I turned to Farkle and he smirked again. I turned back around and looked at Lucas and smiled. He smiled back but he was staring daggers at Farkle who just saluted at him.

"Well, now that we've met Mr. Minkus, lets start on our lesson--Choices. Einistein had a really tough choice to make once, it wasn't scientific so he was at loss. He had to choose between his friends and loves. I say loves because Einstein fell in love with two different people. The thing you guys need to learn is-- a choice that changes your life isn't always bad and a choice that changes you isn't always good. Now, I'd like you all to open your text book and read about the choice that John Quincy Adams once had to make. You may work with a partner to come up with the choice you'd make and why. This is do tomorrow so partner up." Daddy announced to class.

Lucas and Zay partnered up immeadiately and Maya turned to me hapily. She was about to ask me to be her partner when Farkle tapped my shoulder. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey Sunshine, you, me and John Quincy Adams, what'd do you say?" He asked tapping his pecil on the desk.

"Oh, uh sure. Hold on.." I responded ingnoring Maya's irritated face and turning to my dad.

"Mr. Matthews I have a question for my daddy." I announced since in class he's my teacher.

"I'll deliver it, what's up?" He asked stacking papers.

"Can the new kid come over to help me with the project?" I questioned.

"As in Minkus, the badboy your bestfriend who is the definition of bad news thinks is bad news? Your father says hell no but your teacher says yes. I suggest you listen to your teacher to get a good grade. Minkus, hands to yourself hotshot." My dad warned as the bell rang.

"Meet me at Topanga's and I'll walk you to my house." I answered Farkle standing up and walking over to Maya and Lucas.

Maya wouldn't look at me and Lucas kept shooting dirty glances at Farkle. I assured them there was nothing to worry about and we went to our next class in silence.

There is SO much to worry about.