Chapter 36

“I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more”

-Christina Perrie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 36

I stared at him as he stared back. I didn't know if it was even true. He must be joking...right? I blinked a few times. Oh my god. It can’t be true. He can’t love me. I’m nothing to him...just his slave.

“Faith, please say something,” he pleads. He never pleads for anything.

“I—I don’t know. You’re joking, right?” I said in disbelief. “Faith, I never joke...I love you,” he says again, and my heartbeats quicken.

 I’m at a loss for words. How could he love me? “How could you love me?” I said. My head was spinning. “We'll talk about it later; you must be tired,” he said in motion to stand up. He must be leaving me here. “Please don’t go,” I said, grabbing his arm. He sat back, his eyes red.

Did he really love me or was it just in sympathy?
“You…you really do?” I said.

“Yes, Faith. I realized it when you left me….when I saw you in that bathtub. I’m so stupid for not realizing it. I’m fucking blind. I never realized it when…when I started to love you. But when you were lying there, I felt helpless. I couldn't do anything. Then when I realized that I loved you….and if I lost you my already pathetic life would be even more miserable. I can’t lose you, Faith. Please forgive me, please, for all the times I insulted you and pushed you away. For every time I yelled at you. Just forgive me please. I can’t…I am lost without you.”

“Please...Stop Zayn. You did nothing wrong….I was the one wrong the whole time…please don’t pity me,” I said looking away; I'm a crying wreck here.

“Faith...look at me,” he said sitting on my bed. I looked at him.
“Do you think I’m lying? Look me in the eyes.” I've never seen this side of him. I looked him in his now red eyes.
 “What you see Faith...I’m not playing games anymore. Please forgive me,” he said caressing my cheek. I was mesmerized with them like always.

He was telling the truth because I know he couldn't care less about anyone. And here he is for God knows how long.

“I'm sorry I tried to commit suicide. I couldn't cope with your rejection. I just broke at that moment. I’m sorry. I love you, Zayn” I cried, scooting closer to him.

He hugged me like never before. I rested my head on his chest. I had never felt something so strong like now. I felt like the happiest person alive.

He pulled away to look at me with a sparkle in his eyes. “I love you” he said leaning forward until our lips connected.

We both kissed each other full of passion. I slightly felt worried about my bad breath, but the way he was holding me so cautiously makes me forgot about it. We both moved in sync until we couldn't hold our breath any longer.

He rested his head on mine looking me straight in the eyes.

“I missed you Faith. I’ll never let you go,” he said. “Promise me you'll never leave me”
“I promise,” I said with smile.

“Did you eat anything?” I asked as he pulled away, his hand still resting on my back.

“Where did this question come from?” he almost laughed.

“Tell me; you look like a wreck,” I said looking away. I can’t control my smile. I don’t know, maybe it’s because of the fact that he just said those words I want to listen or because of my sudden confidence of calling him wreck.