Chapter 26

"Kiss me out of the bearded barley

Nightly, beside the green, green grass

Swing, swing, swing the spinning step

You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress

Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight

Lead me out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand

Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance

Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me"

-Cranberries

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26 ( please read Author's Note)

I never ever in the past kissed him first. He was always the first one to kiss me. As much as I wanted it, I never did it. Let's just say I've never had guts to even properly look at him. But seeing him hurting himself, hurts my heart. Just to stop him I did what came to mind first.

He looks astonished as my lips meet his; they are warm. He stays still for a moment then kisses me back. He doesn't touch me; instead he stays still, like he's trying to comprehend what's going on. He breaks the kiss as he looks at me through hooded eyes, his anger still flaming out. My breath was coming out hitched. I didn't say anything, and neither does he. But his eyes ask thousands of questions.

I'm ready if he wants to hit me or take his anger out on me. I'm happy that he doesn't hurting himself which is my biggest concern. He blinks a few times; his eyes are dark as night.

"Faith, what do you think you're doing?" his voice still raw. I bite back my lip. "Let's go inside. Your hands-"

"Fuck my hand. What are you doing here in the cold? In this dress!" he shouts, "You could catch a cold."

I jump at his voice, but compose myself. "So could you; you can also catch a cold and also break your bones," I snap back, a little surprised by myself. His hair has small snowflakes on it that fall off when the wind ruffles his hair.

He looks at me, surprised by my voice. I gulped. I move forward, nervously placing my hand on his

cheek, caressing it. "Zayn, please can you come inside...please?" He closes his eyes and inhales a deep breath. He now breathes through his mouth, like he's trying to compose his anger.

He doesn't say anything as I remove my hand and look at him. He just looks away. I take it as a "yes". I take his hand and he flinches just for a second. I tug my hand on his arm seeing him in pain when I hold his hand. He pulled back, intertwining our hands together lightly. "Zayn, your hand-"he cuts me off. "I'm fine. I like it this way." I smile lightly.

We made our way back to the room in silence. I just can't keep my eyes off of his hand. He sits on the bed not looking at anything in particular. I sit in front of him on the ground. "Zayn, I'm going take first-aid kit, okay? Please stay here." He looks at me nodding slowly.

I leave the room and go straight to Waliyha's room. It's the nearest one and I can trust that she won't tell anyone. I slowly knocked on her door. No response. I did it again. "Waliyha, open the door," I shouted in a low voice. I heard shuffling on the other side. Yes, I knocked again. After a moment the door opened revealing a pretty irritated Waliyha scratching her head.

"I swear Safaa if you don't leave in five seconds I'm going to yell at you-"She cut off when she saw me.

"Oh, I'm sorry Faith," she said smiling, still sleepy.