Turkey Time Special!

(The issue in the Sand Village is still happening, so the Sand Siblings are still in Village of Leafs.  By the way, this does not affect the main story line in the slightest!  I just thought I’d upload this while I’m editing the other chapters.)

"Come on, let's get our hair dyed!"  Temari yelled out as she grabbed my hand and ran with me towards the door.  A wall of water appeared right in front of her face, making her stop instantly.

"What's the occasion?"  I studied her closely, afraid of her sporadic decision.  She did an anime fall.

"It's Thanksgiving!  It's traditional that I get my hair dyed with either Kankuro or rarely Gaara…"  She trailed off and the wall disappeared.  Recognizing my understanding, she walked through the door with me still in tow. 

"What color are you getting your hair dyed?"  Millions of colors popped into my mind as I shifted through my options. 

"I got it dyed hot pink last time.  I think that I'll just go with a nice and simple poppy red."  She said as she walked through the door to the salon.

"Yes, that sounds really simple."  I stated drily, taking in the empty salon around us.  a lady walked out of a room from the back of the building and froze before smiling kindly at us. 

"What can we do for you?"  She asked as she greeted us eagerly.

"I need my hair to be dyed poppy red!"  Temari piped up.  The lady smiled and turned to me.

"And you?"  The lady walked over to a cabinet and began to shift through what I was guessing was dye boxes.

Gaara's PoV

It had been harder finding the stupid turkey then I had expected.  I had to have gone to at least twenty different stores before finding a satisfying bird.  When I lugged the dead fowl into the house, my eyes darted around, waiting for either Temari or Hachi to pop out and take the stupid chunk of meat out of my hands.  The only person to enter my field of vision was Kankuro, sniffing the air loudly before his eyes landed on the turkey. 

"So you finally found a turkey!"  He said as he got starry eyes.  Ignoring him momentarily, I took the future meal into the kitchen and plopped it into the oven after briefly cleaning out the core and seasoning it.  Kankuro’s eyes never left me as he waited for something to fall onto the ground, like a starving dog. 

"Where are Hachi and Temari?"  I strode out of the kitchen and into the living room, knowing Kankuro would leave the cooking food alone.  Though he left it alone, his eyes devoured the whole oven as he kept glancing back the cooking food. 

"I don't know.  Temari was talking about her holiday tradition.  I think that she dragged Hachi after her."  He rambled as he tried to look back at the kitchen.  I glared at him for a second.

"Come on, let's go save Hachi from that fate."  Before Kankuro could protest to stay with the food, I grabbed the front of his shirt and appeared outside.    

His hungry eyes stared at me desperately, begging to be taken back inside.  When he realized he wasn’t going back in until Hachi and Temari was with him, a huge pout formed on his face.  The rest of the way to the nearest salon, Kankuro kept glancing back then sighing.  Right when we were outside of the salon, the door opened to reveal an annoyed Temari.  She had reddish-orange streaks in her hair, a relief from last year’s pink ones. 

When my eyes landed on Hachi, my mouth unconsciously fell open.  Her usually pure silver hair had streaks of dark blue.  Kankuro whistled lowly as he took in the new hair styles.  His hand found my jaw and placed it back into a closed position.