Chapter 20

"You can use my shower."  Gaara said calmly.  I watched him closely, making sure that he wasn’t lying.  When he didn’t move, I knew that he was telling the truth. 

"Ok, thanks!"  I walked slowly towards his room. 

I got all of my clothes ready and took them into the bathroom.  The shower was nice, along with everything else.  I took my shower quickly, making sure to get the food out of my ears.  I sighed as I got dressed quickly and knocked on the door.  No one answered.  I shrugged as I walked through the door and saw a dark figure in the corner.  I froze as Kakashi walked out of the shadows.

"It's time that you came home."  He said sternly as he looked at me closely. 

"Why should I?  I like it here."  I crossed my arms.  He sighed and looked at the head of the bed.  I followed his gaze and saw a small piece of folded up paper. 

"You're not going to like what it says."  He said softly as I walked towards it.  I stopped beside the bed.  The sounds of the siblings couldn’t be heard.  I glared at the cold and windy sky outside as I reached out and grabbed onto the paper.  I unfolded it and read it closely.

Dear Hachi,

            A storm has hit, and it has hit hard.  The time of war is upon us, and you shan't be hurt by it.  The Elders set us up.  They have sent us on a mission that I don’t think I'll survive.  The mission is simple, we can no longer be together, it was fun while it lasted, but it can't be.

                                                Your Friend, Gaara.

I read through the letter several times, making sure that I didn’t forget a word.  The last part stung the worst.  'Your Friend, Gaara.'  I could feel tears form in my eyes.  I looked up at Kakashi and he stared back down at me, with equally sad eyes. 

"It happens."  He said harshly, probably harsher than he meant.  But I didn’t think about it.  I fell onto my side and felt little needles pry into my chest and stab at my heart very slowly. 

~~~~~

Such a sad and short chapter after such a long pause!

Sorry about the length!  I didn’t know it was this long, or else I would have updated this sooner. 

Don’t forget to vote and comment!