Chapter 18

"Sorry, I don’t like hospitals."  She said as she jumped out of the bed and landed at the front of the bed.  She smiled at me, making me smile.  "Ready to go?"  She asked as she held out her hand. 

I forced my smile away.  She smirked and charged at me and tackled me.  Right before my back was going to hit the wall, we disappeared in a speck of sand and appeared in my room.  I landed on my back and chuckled.  She giggled as she just laid down on me. 

I looked into her red eyes and leaned forward and my lips touched her lips softly.  She was about to pull away, but I wrapped my arms around her.  Now that she didn’t have anywhere to go, she gave in.  She lifted her head briefly and inhaled.  I waited for a few seconds.

Hachi’s PoV

I giggled as you just laid there on him.  I looked into his eyes.  He leaned forward and I felt his lips touch mine.  I was about to pull away, but he wrapped his arms around me.  I tried to move around, but I soon found that it was useless.  I lifted up my head and inhaled.  He waited for me to respond.  I sighed and put my head on his.  I could feel his smile.

"What?"  I looked at him.

"It's just that you didn't kill me for that."  He said as he looked up at me.  I blushed slightly and leaned in and touched my lips to his once more.  I could feel his face get warm as he pulled me closer to him.  I smirked as I pulled away. 

"Gaara, the council would like for you and your little girlfriend to try to meet them in the meeting room."  A voice said from the door.  Gaara rolled his eyes and glared at the door.

"Later!"  He yelled out at the door.

"They said now!"  The voice yelled back.  I let out a growl as I stood up and fixed my hair.

"I thought that you were the weapon of the village, and yet you take orders from all of those old farts."  I looked around his room.  It had the neutral colors of the desert. 

"Now!"  The voice at the door yelled.  I grabbed onto Gaara's hand and we appeared in a room with a long table and a lot of old people sitting around it.  All of the people glared at me.

"How nice of you to join us."  The elder that I saw at the hospital said.

"What do you want?"  Gaara asked sharply.  The elders all smirked.

"She is from a different village, correct?"  One of them asked.  Gaara nodded his head.  "And she is a high ranking ninja. Yes?"  The voice asked.  Gaara froze and turned to me slowly.

"What of it?"  I asked firmly.

"How do we know that you aren’t trying to assassinate our former Kazekage’s son?"  The youngest elder asked.

"Why would I even think about doing that?" 

"Your village may have a treaty with our village, but that didn’t stop our last treaty to end badly with our last Kazekage dying, all that we need is the Kazekage’s son dead."  Another one asked.  Gaara stiffened up suddenly.

"She's not like that."  He said suddenly as he glared at all of the elders.  One of them stood up suddenly.

"You can't know that, she could be just like Orochimaru!"  He yelled out across the table.

"What do you want me to do, take up a body guard?"  Gaara said as he stepped towards the elder, making the elder sway.

"That's safer than our option."  The elder that was standing up said.  Gaara just stood there and then smirked.

"Fine."  He said darkly, making all of the elders look up at him in surprise.  He inched backwards and grabbed my hand.

"Good to see that you agree with us on this, now, we have asked the Leaf Village and they are sending over one of their ninja that showed a great deal of interest."  The elder said as he smirked.  I squeezed Gaara's hand and he looked down at me. 

"What do we do while we wait for the ninja to come?"  Gaara asked hopefully.  The elders smirked at each other. 

"Go back to your room; the ninja should be here by tomorrow."  They said.   Gaara suddenly disappeared with me and reappeared in his room.  He smirked as he leaned in and kissed my cheek softly.

"It's a full moon tonight."  Gaara said as he looked out the window.  The sun was almost all the way down.

"This reminds me of the time that you got some sleep, want to try again?"  I asked as I let go of his hand and walked towards the window. 

The sun shone off of the desert sand, making everything look like it was on fire.  He walked over to me and grabbed onto my hand and appeared on the roof.  He let go of me and I lost my grip.  I started to wobble as I slid down the roof slowly.  He appeared in front of me as I was a foot away from the edge.  I wobbled again and fell into him.  A wall of sand appeared behind him, keeping him from going over the edge. 

"You really need to work on your balance issues."  He said as he hugged me and appeared at the very top of the roof.  I sat down slowly, making sure not to slip.  He sat down quickly.

"Lie down and close your eyes."  I said as a thin layer of ice appeared around my hands, and it turned a soothing light green.

Gaara's PoV

"Lie down and close your eyes."  Hachi said as a thin layer of ice appeared around her hands.  I did as I was told and felt her press her cold hands against my skin softly.  I gasped in air and relaxed.

A pleasant breeze tore through the air, carrying the fresh scent of blood.  I smirked, turned around, and froze.  Hachi's dead body lay on the floor; some fresh blood was dripping out of her neck.  Her eyes were glazed over and her body was rigid.  I looked away and heard something stir behind me.  I turned and saw a small trace of sand left, but the sand was silver.  I fell onto my knees and looked at the sand closely.  Something tapped me on my shoulder and-

I jolted upright, interrupting the dream that could probably be classified as a nightmare.  I felt Hachi's hands still on my forehead, but she was asleep.  I smirked and leaned in closer to her and then laid down right next to her and closed my eyes.

???'s PoV

I glared down at the two.  I looked closely at Gaara to find his eyes were shut, but he couldn’t possibly be asleep, it was impossible!  The girl's hand was on his forehead and was covered in a green ice like cover.  The sun came up slowly, and their eyes still didn’t open, the girl moved her ice covered hand over her face and Gaara's eyes shot open and he glared at me.

~~~~~

Gasp!  Who could it possibly be?

Find out on the next upload! :P

So, this story was supposed to be posted fully before the end of May.  Obviously, I didn’t meet that deadline.  New deadline is the end of June.  There are only four more chapters left! T.T

Don’t forget to VOTE and COMMENT! <3