Chapter 08

I gave him one last smile, and then disappeared.  I reappeared at the top of the castle on one of the fish.  The cold breathe of air on my neck wasn’t a shock. 

"Why, hello Gaara."  I said as I turned around.  Gaara smirked down at me.

“Haven’t you been busy today?”  He asked as he gave me a hug.  I hugged him back before quickly pulling away and sitting down.

“You know that we’re being watched?”  He sat next to me.  He nodded his head and looked away from the moon.  Someone walked onto the roof.

“Hide behind me.”  He muttered as he saw that the person was approaching us.  I nodded my head and inched behind him. 

“This was unexpected, do you not sleep?”  Dosu asked as the wind blew his sleeves.

“What do you want?”  Gaara asked as he glared down at Dosu.

“I was thinking of defeating you right here, right now.  Then, I’ll have a higher possibility of facing Sasuke-kun.  I know of your sand attacks.  Which do you think is faster, your sand or my sound?”  He asked as he rolled up his sleeve.  Gaara narrowed his eyes.

“I’ll protect you Hachi.”  Gaara said under his breath.  “When there is a full moon, ‘his’ blood gets excited.”  Gaara said as he stood up.  A wall of sand appeared around me, blocking my view. 

“What are you?!!”  Dosu asked and then the sound of the roof breaking made me jump.  Someone was panting, but it wasn’t right next to me, it was farther away.

“Gaara, is that you?”  I whispered out.  The panting grew louder as the unknown figure approached me.  The sand fell away, revealing Gaara.  I hugged him tightly.  “Don’t do that to me ever again!”  Gaara stopped panting and sighed lightly.

“Sorry, I didn’t want you to have to see that.”  He said as he hugged me tightly.  A smile escaped me at his words.

“Thanks Gaara, but next time, don’t scare me like that.”  I pulled away.  Another thought hit me.  “Hey Gaara, do you want to sleep?”  I sat down on the fish again. 

He nodded his head and lay down next to me.  He placed his head on my lap.  I started to do hand signs and before long my hands began to glow with green water.  When I moved my hands towards his forehead, a shield of sand stopped me.  With a twist of my hand, the sand was blown away.  I placed my hands on his forehead and his eyes shut instantly.    

Gaara's PoV

She placed her hand on my forehead and my eyes fluttered shut.  The last thing I remember seeing was her smiling down at me.

*“Calm down, and just search your heart, you feel it too, don’t you?”  Someone asked from behind me.  I sighed as I looked around.  It then hit me, that was Hachi's voice.  I looked in the direction I had heard the voice from.   

“What’s this feeling that I feel towards you?”  Someone else asked.  A gasp escaped my lips when I realized it was my own voice.  Someone giggled behind me.

“It’s love Gaara; I feel the same thing… towards you.”  She whispered the last part, but I was close enough to be able to hear it.* 

My eyes shot open even though Hachi still had her hand on my forehead.  Her face was skyward as she gazed at the pale moon.  Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into an embrace.  She jumped slightly at the random hug. 

“What’s wrong?”  She asked as she helped me up. 

“Nothing.”  I stood up quickly.  “Let me walk you home, you’re bound to want to sleep.”  It was my turn to help her up, receiving a smile.