Seven

Signe started to back away from him. "You get out of him you monster!"

Anti put a hand to his heart. "I'm hurt, Signe...just kidding." He chuckled. "You see..he was telling the truth all along. All his assumptions were right."

"You're just putting words in his mouth!" She said. "Quit toying with him like he's you're puppet!"

"Oh but he is." Anti said. "And like I said, you should've believed your precious boyfriend. You see..he's not going crazy about this." He took a step closer to her. "This is something that's meant to happen..and you keep pushing him away from it."

"I'm trying to get him to not go full on hulk unlike you who's being a big dick about this whole situation!" She snapped.

He had her suddenly pinned against the wall, holding her by the neck, making it hard for her to breathe. "Brave girl to say things like that to someone like me that can kill you in an instant. Now listen closely.." He inched closer, his breath fanning her face. "It'll only get worse from here on out..and you can't stop what's going to come."

Backing away from her, he suddenly fell to his knees, gasping for air. Signe took a couple big breaths before running up to him.

"Sean?" She asked, getting him to look at her, relief going through her as she saw the bright blue eyes of his again.

"Are you alright?" He croaked, slowly standing back up.

Signe was slightly shaking. "I don't know..." She stood up. "I don't know...Sean I.." She looked up at him. "I saw it..."

Sean raised an eyebrow. "Saw what?" but not two seconds later, it clicked in his brain. "You saw Anti, didn't you? On me?"

She gave a small nod. "It was terrifying..."

"So you believe me now?"

She swallowed hard. "Yeah...but he told me something.."

"What?"

Shifting on her feet, she felt a little uncomfortable. "He said that...it can't be stopped..that it'll only get worse from here on out.."

He sighed heavily, combing a hand through his hair. "I need you to do something for me tonight." When she didn't answer, he went on. "I need you to lock me in my room tonight..lock all the windows and my door."

"That won't help!" Signe said.

"It'll slow it down at least!" He said. "Please, Signe...I don't want to hurt you..I really, really don't. Just..lock me in my room including all the windows..please."

She thought for a few seconds. "Alright...fine.."

****

Once it was nighttime, Signe followed Sean to his room, locking the windows.

"How're you holding up?" She asked.

He lifted a shoulder. "Right now I feel fine..but I probably won't soon."

She only nodded, feeling a couple stray tears fall down her face when his hands were on her shoulders.

"You're doing what you can do. And that's all that matters." He said. "But please..no matter what you hear..don't come out of your room. Lock your door as well as your windows also."

Signe fell into him, crying on his chest. "I don't want this to happen to you."

Sean held her close. "I know...me too."

"I just want it to be over.."

Not having a response to that, he kissed the top of her head before he felt a searing pain in his temple, making him hiss as he backed away from her.

"Sean??" Signe asked.

"Get out..now!" Sean warned. "Go!"

Immediately running out of the room, she made sure it was locked before going into her own room, locking her doors and windows. Sitting on her bed, she could hear him screaming in pain, and she was angry that she couldn't do anything about it, feeling absolutely helpless. She flinched a couple times as she heard stuff being thrown around in his room.

Then there was silence, worry getting the best of her. Unlocking her door, she scrambled out of the room, unlocking his door and throwing it open. The curtains were on the ground, his bed all messed up, but she felt a breeze coming from the left. When she looked, the glass for the window was broken, chunks laying all over.

He got out. And possibly finding his next victim.

"Sean.." She breathed, going up to it, looking down and all around. "No..."