CHAPTER 44: Scared

A/N: Lame title for this chapter. Lol. And it's shorter than usual. Don't hate me after reading this. :)

Who misses Greyson's POV? He has a short one here. :)

~*~

*YOU*

The fashion show started and the four of us started observing again. Actually the whole class did. We have our iPads on our hands as our gazes’ shifts to the gadgets and into the runway. I was enjoying the show that I forgot Greyson’s here and he’s going to perform. And the chance of him seeing me is 80% considering we’re just meters away from the runway.

The third set of clothes came and all the lights went off. I was feeling comfortable until a piano played followed by a very familiar voice which made me tensed on my seat. My heart beat accelerated as I found myself waiting for a light to appear. I gulped once a spotlight appeared on the left corner of the stage revealing a grand piano… and there he is… Greyson.

Screams filled the whole room and another spotlight appeared then followed by a model. She started walking with the spotlight. The whole room was dark except from the light coming from where Greyson was and the model walking down the runway.

A part of me was glad that it’s dark on our part. The light coming from our iPads isn’t enough for him to see me and it’s also impossible for him to notice me because he was situated on the left side and we’re on the right.

That fact should make me calm down and breathe, right? But no. I can feel the fast beating of my heart wanting to jump out of my chest and the butterflies on my stomach. It’s like seeing him again after so many years. It felt surreal that I just can’t take my eyes off of him. I wasn’t able to take notes, too because I was too lost in his voice and by his presence.

He was singing the same song that came on the radio earlier and that’s when I realized something.

It was the same song he hummed when we slow dance on the street. That explains why it sounded really familiar.

The song ended and the lights went off again. I didn’t know that happened until Candice nudged me using her elbow.

“You’re drooling.” She giggled but I can’t find myself to laugh at her joke. I’m still trying to calm my heart and convinced myself that the reaction I had when I saw him again was because of what we had in the past and not because I still love him.

The show continued but I wasn’t able to write on my iPad again. I don’t even think I moved ever since Greyson finished performing. And that went on until the show was finished. Everyone started leaving but I was still glued to my seat.

“YN, let’s go.” Maurine called me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

“Y-yeah,” I trailed off.

“She must be so surprised to see Greyson.” I heard Beatrice whispered to Maurine.

“What can we expect? She’s in love.” Candice said to them.

“What?” I asked them.

They all shook their heads and smiled sheepishly at me. I didn’t bother to comment and everyone went to see Miss Williams. She was already outside waiting for us.

“Did you guys enjoy the show?” She asked when we’re all gathered in front of her. Everyone said yes but me. “I supposed so did your assignments?” She asked.

“Of course we did!” Nina answered.

“Very good then. I expect your reports next week. Okay? I’ll be going now. Take care and see you tomorrow.” She bid us goodbye and walked away from us. Others did the same. Others took plans on partying. Then the four of us were left in front of the venue.