CHAPTER 37: Revelations

**This chapter is quite long... And draggy I may add. Please bear with it.

~*~

*KEATON*

“Hey,” I smiled at YN as she walked in. She gave me a weak smile which made me lift my eyebrows. I walked towards her to get his back pack. I placed it on the sofa as she followed behind. She plopped down the sofa and sigh. I sat down beside her. “Are you sick?” I asked, touching her forehead.

“No.” She answered, looking at me weakly.

“You look sick.”

She shook her head slowly. “I’m not. It’s just that…” She bit her lip and I immediately look away. I’m a sucker for those, remember? “It’s just that—nevermind.”

I looked back at her and she was looking out the window. “What is it? Come on.” I urged her to continue. She just shook her head. “Is it Greyson?” I asked, and regretting it after.

She shot me a glare. “That jerk.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“I’m mad at him.” She stubbornly crossed her arms above her chest.

“Is it because of yesterday?”

“No— Uh, yes. I mean yes.”

“O… kay. You want ice cream for that?”

She groaned softly. “Yes, please!”

I left her there and went to my kitchen. As I was about to open the fridge, I felt the stabbing pain on my chest again.

Oh no.

I’m getting used to my chest pains, honestly. But, the pain it causes me these past few days is unbearable. Maybe it’s God’s way of reminding me that I’m about to die. I held onto the fridge as I clutch my chest. I tried not my hardest not to make any sound even though I really cannot take it and I want to scream. I took a few lungfuls of breathe hoping it could lessen the pain as I try to walk through the cupboard where I placed all my medicines. As soon as I reached the cupboard, I opened it and grabbed the medicine I need. I sat on the floor, wincing in pain as I open the bottle. Taking a pill out, I tried to swallow it without having too much trouble. I closed my eyes and waited for the medicine to take effect.

Don’t worry, Keaton. Your pain is gonna end soon. Really, really soon.

As soon as I felt okay, I placed back the medicine inside the cupboard. I slowly stood up, not wanting to experience the pain again. It’s a taste of hell, I tell you. I placed a hand over my chest and felt that my heart is back to its normal beat.

I opened the fridge to get a glass of water and to get the ice cream. I hope YN isn’t bothered that I took too long in getting it.

After getting her a gallon of ice cream, I sat beside her and watched her eat. I can’t help but smile at the sight of her contorted face - as if she’s trying to kill someone inside her head - as she shove the spoonful of ice cream inside her mouth.

Just the sight of YN is enough to make me feel okay.

She stopped shoving ice cream into her mouth and looked at me. Her eyes searching my face—no, more like examining it. I gulped and prayed to God that she won’t notice any signs of my chest pain earlier. I forced a smile and said, “Done eating?”

She shook her head as an answer. “Keaton,” she started, placing the ice cream onto the center table. She looked back at me with worry in her eyes. “You look pale.”