CHAPTER 35: What will happen?

Read A/N at the end if you don't want to miss anything.

~*~

*YOU*

I took another glance at the full length mirror inside Nikki's room. I actually don't get myself. Last night I got a hard time sleeping because of the thought that I'll be going out on a date with my ex-boyfriend today and then this familiar nervousness grew inside me. I don't know why, but, I felt like a teenager who will have his first date today with her crush. I'm telling you, I don't like the feeling. It's the least I would like to feel especially because I'm afraid I might fall in love over again. And if that happens, let's be real... He won't catch me.

I took a deep breath before spinning my heels towards Nikki's bed. I reached for my phone that was on the middle of the bed and checked the time. 8:50 AM. He told me he'll pick me up at exactly 9 and it's just a few minutes away. Geez.

"I don't approve your decision, YN. But please, tomorrow, if he does anything sweet, don't assume. Okay? If he tries to flirt with you, kick him in his balls. Don't flirt back. Okay? You understand me? Prevent yourself from falling again. And please... don't cry."

I shut my eyes close upon remembering Nikki's words to me after I told her about what will happen today. I think I need to follow her advice, though, I don't know if I have enough guts to kick his balls.

I opened my eyes when an image of Greyson lying on the ground, wincing in pain, holding his crotch and cursing me appeared. It's inappropriate, if you asked me. Besides, I don't think he'll try to flirt with me. Based on what happened yesterday, I think he hates me. This is the moment when I wanted to say, "the feeling's mutual", but, of course, that will be a big joke. I hope he'll annoy me though, in that way I'd have a reason to hate him.

I glanced at Nikki's bedroom door and sighed. I decided to text Keaton while waiting for Greyson a.k.a. the jerk.

To: Keats

Good morning, sunshine. Wakey, wakey! I'm sorry I won't be able to accompany you today. I won't really go if I had a choice. I promise to visit you tomorrow. Take care! Xx <3

I locked my phone and stood up. The funny thing is I found myself standing in front of the full length mirror... again. I dropped my shoulders and stared at my reflection. I really tried not to look overdress for our, well, date. Alexa actually called me last night telling me if she could pick my outfit for today. I declined her and told her it's not something special. But she babbled about how I should look gorgeous so Greyson would realize his mistake. I told her not to bother, because Greyson will never realize it. I ended the conversation by telling her that I'm sleepy.

Then suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw Keaton's name. Of course, I answered it.

"Good morning!" I greeted, ensuring my voice is happy enough.

"I can tell it's really a good morning for you, YN." There's something hidden behind what he said... My instinct told me.

"Well, it's actually not." I said the truth.

"Huh?"

I sighed in exasperation before answering. "You do know Keaton that I don't really like this idea... at all, right?"

"Mhmm,"

"And... And, I don't think I'd survive this day with him. It feels like something's going to happen but I'm not sure if it's good or bad. And... And... Ugh!" I groaned in frustration. "I just hope you're here."