CHAPTER 38: Giving up

A/N: Okay! This is just a filler so it's short. I've read comments asking about what happened between Greyson and Morgan, telling me they can't remember anything. Honey, you really won't remember anything because I haven't revealed what happened yet. So, I guess after reading this chapter, I'll be able to clear your mind.

~*~

When you have a guy best friend, the kind in which you’re always together, knows each other’s good and bad sides, shares secrets, there are two possibilities that could happen: You fall in love with your best friend or your best friend falls in love with you. Well, you’re a lucky bitch if the both of you fell for each other.

On that matter, we can say Morgan Nettleton is unlucky because the former happened to her. She fell in love with her best friend, Greyson Chance. She didn’t plan it. It’s like, she woke up and then bam! She loves him. At first, she didn’t really entertain that thought because Greyson was so in love with their friend Lauren Westphalen, though she was hurting. When the two broke up, she was like the happiest girl in the world. But of course, she has to play the best friend role and comfort Greyson. Half of the comfort-your-best-friend thing is a Morgan Nettleton hoping Greyson would feel the same way for her.

But that didn’t happen.

She found out one day that Greyson and Lauren are together again. She stayed away from Greyson hoping that her best friend would realize her worth but he was so drawn to Lauren that he didn’t even remember having a best friend…

He didn’t even remember having her…

Then they broke up again…

And now, it’s because of a fan. She remembered Greyson telling her about the possibility of falling in love with a fan but she didn’t know he’ll come to that point. She convinced herself it’s nothing and they’ll break up eventually but she saw how happy Greyson was every time that girl is around and it pains her. It was supposed to be her if Greyson looked at her direction. She was supposed to be the one making Greyson happy.

At the first few months after finding out Greyson having a girlfriend, she stayed away. She almost gave up thinking that Greyson won’t probably beg for her to stay. But… she just can’t. She’s in love with him since forever and she just can’t stay away. So she started building up her contact with Greyson. She tried to be the best friend she was before.

It stayed like that for months hoping their relationship would progress but she was wrong. It hurts to admit, but as time passes by Greyson was falling in love with his girlfriend even more.

That provoked her to start planning on how to break them apart.

She went to L.A. to surprise Greyson.

“Greyson! I’m in LA!” Morgan chirped through the phone.

“Really? We should meet up!” Morgan smiled at herself, thinking that she won’t have to worry about getting Greyson to meet her up.

“I was thinking the same thing!”

“I’ll pick you up at your house tomorrow then.”

“Where are we going?”

“I don’t know! Anywhere. You know, so we could catch up.”

“Come on Greyson! You’re a celebrity. You’ll get mobbed. You know, we just can stay here at our house.”

“Are you sure? Isn’t it a bother to your parents?”

“My parents didn’t come with me. I’m alone here, actually.”

“What? You came here alone?”