CHAPTER 41: Confusion

A/N: Before you read, I posted the Prologue for "The Bad Boy and The Playboy". You might to want check it out? (Click the external link) Please tell me what you think.

And oh, the you can still send your one shots. The deadline will be two weeks from now. (:

To the winner of the Keaton edit, you'll get your dedication on the next chapter. :">

I'm losing readers and I can't blame them. :( To those who stayed with me, thank you so much! <3

~*~

“Keaton, dinner’s ready.” I called him but as usual, I got no answer. This has been going on for three days.

Three freaking days.

After the incident at the hospital, like what I promised, I came back the next morning. It was the day he had gone home because he doesn’t want to stay at the hospital. I’ve tried everything, from helping him with his things; bringing him his food. But still, he wouldn’t talk to me! He didn’t even say a single word. Even his parents can’t convince him in talking to me. Even Wesley and Nikki! My endeavors for his forgiveness were put to total waste because he wouldn’t spare me a glance!

I took a deep breath before approaching his bed where he was laying; his back facing me. I sat on the edge and raised my hand, wanting to touch him. But I placed it back on my side as soon as he pulled himself up to sit. I swear he didn’t bother to look my way. He swung his feet off the bed and stood up. He started walking towards the door whilst I call his name but to no avail. I was left there with my mouth agape.

~*~

Dinner at Stromberg’s residence was always fun. I’ve experienced that a lot of times back in high school. But after they went home from the hospital, everything was blunt. They wouldn’t even talk. The only thing you can hear are the spoons and forks grazing onto the plates and the food they were chewing. It was like there were thick walls between them.

The dinner went by a little too fast, of course, without any of us saying a single word. I offered to wash the dishes but Laraine insisted that she can do it by herself. I saw Keaton walked outside of the house. He’s going to stay at the front porch again until I go home. For the past two nights, it was always like that. I know I should’ve approached him and talk to him but there was something that’s preventing me from doing so. Right now, I had this familiar urge of going out in there and talk to him but I’m dubious he’ll acknowledge my presence.

However, if I don’t do it, he might not talk to me ever again. I need to try. I need to at least make a progress.

I trudged through the front porch and I saw him sitting on the white wooden swing. He looked at my direction but looked away once he saw it was me. I bit my lip and slowly walked near the swing.

“Can I sit?” I asked him, hoping he’d answer. But to my dismay, he just looked at me. “I’ll take that as a yes.” I told him before sitting down.

We sat there for a while, staring at the empty street. I want to talk, really. But my innards seems like they were fighting making me nervous. I rubbed my palms together as I felt the cold wind blew. Note to self: Don’t swear sheer blouse and shorts at night in a winter day.

“Get inside. You might catch a cold.”

My breathing hastened as I heard him speak. It came out with no emotion but still, it made my heart accelerate. I stared at him with my mouth slightly open, my hands clasped just below my chin.

He was referring to me, right? He talked to me.

After processing what he just said, I immediately smiled. Say something, YN! Say something! “S-something…”