Chapter Forty Two: Something In The Water

The next week was chaos and bliss. Everyone knew the time was coming. The battle with Corypheus was nearing. Many of them thought they might lose their lives and attempted to make the most of their remaining time.

Vivienne contacted her friends in the Circle. Cole helped numerous people find happiness. Sera spent time with The Jenny's and a little with Dagna. Blackwall and Josephine seemed to sneak off repeatedly in their last days before the fight. Leliana kept to herself, barely making an appearance. Everyone else was taking their time with their endeavors, savoring every last moment.

For Cullen and Cassandra this was not the easiest task. It was not painless. They'd been distant the first days, then upon realizing it only got harder without the other, they melted into each other's embrace. Still they had not been together intimately since finding out Cassandra was pregnant. They'd slept in the same bed, spoken of what happened but they were past crying anymore. Cassandra was back to her usually stubborn self but she'd been less relaxed. She still sought comfort in him. His embrace was all the relief she needed when she felt down. Cullen was sweet and understanding. He was okay with taking time to heal before taking big steps.

It wasn't until the day before that she finally snapped. Cullen stood in the war room, looking over the table in late afternoon. He'd been there all day. There were scouts everywhere throughout Thedas starting to migrate towards the meeting point. It was his responsibility to coordinate it all, make sure it went smoothly until the Inquisitor got there. He was speaking with one of the assisting officers. The man was having trouble placing a crew for weapon repairs near Val Reaux. Cullen repetitively told him it no longer mattered but the man would not give up.

It was then that she walked in. There was a fire in her eyes Cullen had not seen in weeks. "I need you." She said abruptly. The man beside Cullen excused himself and left without a word. "Cassandra, what's wrong?" Cullen questioned cutiously. He was paying attention to her but missed her slide of hand as she shut the latch on the door.

She walked toward him in an urgent manner. "I need you, now." She repeated. Her voice was heavy with something Cullen couldn't put his finger on. "I don't," She cut him off before he could say anything more as she pulled him to her. She kissed him roughly and his mouth melded into hers. She held him by the collar, pulling him against her. It only took him a moment to understand what she meant as she kissed him wildly. She retreated momentarily and looked up into his stunned molten eyes.

Cullen felt himself stiffen at her advances. She hadn't been this adamant in weeks and suddenly he was realizing how badly he wanted her. He'd wanted her to be comfortable. Their relationship was not something that he felt was going away and he thought she should take as much time as she needed to feel alright again. "Oh. I see." He said feeling slightly amused and surprised. Her eyes were deep with desire and he tried to ignore his sudden need. He had to put her welfare first. "Are you sure?" He held her by the waist, her hips rubbing against him, chipping slowly at his defenses.

She pulled him by the neck to her and kissed him again. It was filled with more ferocity than the last and he moaned into it as she pressed against him. Her face was red with blush and lust. "Please, Cullen. I want this." She pleaded with him desperately. Her gentle rousing movements mixed with her accented and needy voice threw him over the edge. He kissed her deeply, moving his mouth in intense passionate pleasure as she gripped him tightly. She bunched his cloak in her fists, pulling him harder against her.

She could not take all the space between them. He had been so bare to her before and now he was distant. All she wanted was to be wrapped in his love again. He lifted her and set her on the edge of the war table, moving in between her legs. She pushed the fur trimmed coat from his shoulders and helped him unhinge the many pieces of armor. They both smiled and laughed at their struggle. When she finally had him out of his armor, he stood in just his under shirt and leather trousers. She ached to be pressed in a firm line against him. She wanted to feel every line of his chiseled chest on her.