Chapter Thirty Two: The Storm

Upon entering the room Maeve barely had enough time to shut the door before he was at her lips again. Their minds were entirely absorbed by the fervor of desire. She wanted nothing more than to run her fingers down his lean chiseled chest as he moved inside her. Their mouths met and twisted and locked as the heat between them grew and grew.

Every miniscule movement provided a reaction from the other. Her hands found his waist band and held him by the trousers. His hands were in her hair again, cradling her head, angling it toward his mouth for better access. They hadn't even made it up the stairs yet and she was already trying to undress him. He stopped her feverish attempts and lifted her abruptly. He hoisted her up and her legs wrapped immediately around his waist. Her hands met the back of his neck and moved over his smooth bald head, gently caressing his perfectly pointed ears.

His hands were on her backside, holding her up and against his pelvis as she shifted in his arms. He moaned slightly as her movements continued to entice him. At this show of pleasure she grinned at his lips. They were still pressed together, her lips on his, his mouth on hers, her tongue sliding across his. He was slowly making his way up the stairs. Each step sent vibrations through them, pushing them further into each other. She wished he'd end it, he'd put a stop to their pleasurable waiting game, that he'd put her down on the step and take her savagely but her dignity got the better of her, forcing her to keep her wishes to herself.

He felt the same way. He was on the edge of self control. Everything was falling away, falling apart and crumbling into white hot lust. It was like a whirlpool, drawing everything in its path to it. Everything that held them back, all pretense, self restraint was being swept away into the swirling watery abyss. "I want you. More than anything." He spoke lowly yet hoarsely between kisses. Her lips met his cheek and then the other, giving small caresses to each before looking into his dark blue, pool - like eyes. "You have me. I am yours, Solas." She told him and pulled the necklace over his head, transferring it to hers.

She kissed his nose delicately and before she even had time to process, his lips were on hers again. He carried her to the top of the stairs and pressed her against the wall. She was still wrapped around him, her legs locked behind his back. Her hands tugged at his top as he kissed her. He smiled at her enthusiasm. He put her down gently and stepped back. She looked at him disappointedly as if she thought he was saying they should stop.

They should've. Should've stopped before they even got here. They needed to focus on defeating Corypheus. Giving in to one another was not something they had time for. There was so much they had to do. Solas was solely responsible for training the Mages and Maeve had more responsibility than anyone leading the Inquisition. Then they also had their business with the Veil.

She was the only one he'd ever told and it was an enormous relief. To have someone else bear and keep his deepest secret was something he was completely unaccustomed to. Sharing it with her made him more open with her, and the fact that she accepted him even after finding out only made him fall in love with her more. She was the closest thing he had to family. She would be his family, his wife. If they could defeat Corypheus and destroy the Veil, they could begin their life together.

Now as he gazed upon her, he saw that. He saw what their life could be and he wanted it more than he knew how to describe. Settling for the night with her would have to be enough to satisfy his eagerness for that life. He pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the floor as she looked at him longingly. She reached out to touch him but he held her hand at a distance and pulled her further into the room, away from the stairs.

She stood in the center of the room and he circled her with a grin. When he'd looked over her profusely and taken in every inch of her clothed body, he finally came to stand in front of her. His nimble hands came up and pulled the strings on her blouse, loosening her top. However, as he made these movements, he did not touch her. It was making her crazy. All she wanted was to be pressed against him, to feel his hands on her but it was evident he was teasing. She let him do it, knowing it'd be worth it in the end. After pulling the strings free, exposing the tops of her breasts, he looked into her eyes as he unbuttoned it the rest of the way. This had the desired affect as she was blushing a bright shade of red under his gaze.