Chapter 20: News Is News

Hey guys :) I know it's been a while and I'm sorry. I'll try to update sooner and more often. Please don't kill me.

Also, anyone who is still entering the one-shot contest, I'd really love your one-shots by the end of the week or I might just end the contest. You can still enter, even if you haven't said anything yet. Please comment if you absolutely, positively are going to enter, so I know. Thanks and here's the chapter. Love you, my colorful bananas :)

Life was hard and boring. We barely could leave the Room of Requirements without getting some form of punishment.

No new news came, which just about killed everyone.

We were all worried. We were all losing faith. And we were losing hope.

People first started to falter when Luna didn't come back from Winter Break. Then Ginny not coming back from Easter Holiday really was a blow for everyone.

Ginny, Luna and Neville had been the leaders. Losing one leader was hard, but losing two? I tried to help as much as I could, but I wasn't a leader to them.

They didn't know me. They didn't trust me. How in Hades was I going to be a leader to all these people, who didn't even know who I really was? How can you be a leader without any trust?

So Neville was our only leader.

I was being to  falter, too. I hadn't heard any news since Christmas, months ago. What should I have thought? Right when I was about to give up, Neville burst into the Room of Requirements.

"I've got news!" he shouted. Instantly, everyone sat bolt up, forgetting about whatever they were doing. "What?" someone in the back of the room said.

"News! Harry, Ron Hermione, all of them!" Everyone frozen, complete silence engulfed the room. Then, all at once, it seemed, everyone surged toward Neville.

I stood up, following the crowd. The crowd settled after a minute. I then found myself unable to look at Neville.

What if it was horrible news? What if Voldemort had caught them and they were dead? Fear gripped my insides at the thought.

Silently, I prepared myself for the worst. When I finally looked up at Neville, I realized I had prepared for nothing.

His face shone brightly. He held up a page of the Daily Prophet. He opened it to an article.

"Harry, Ron and Hermione... broke into Gringotts!" A collective gasp echoed through the room. "They escaped.... on a dragon!?"

Cheering erupted from the room. People laughed and hugged each other, their faith and hope restoring. Pretty soon, I was the only one not cheering. I had so many questions going through my head.

Why did they break into Gringotts? When did they do it? How? Where did they get the dragon? and many more. But, mainly it was the first one flying through my mind.

Why?

That was the question. I looked at Neville, who beamed at me widely. I tried for a smile back, but it probably wasn't very convincing.

He raised an eyebrow and sent a questioning glance. I shook my head. I shook my head, and tried for a more convincing smile. He stared at me for a second. He was happy. I shouldn't ruin it.

Should I start updating by votes again or just randomly?