Chapter 29

We sat there in silence for a second, both of us breathing heavily. He was close enough for me to smell his breath. Peppermint, I noted, then tried to push the thought away.

 "What the heck was that?!" he hissed. "What were you thinking?!" His words brought me back to reality. "Get. Off," I hissed, beginning to fight his grip, and trying to push him off.

"No. Tell me. What. Were. You. Thinking?" he hissed again. I looked up at him, glaring. Then, I stopped struggling. "What happened to you?" I asked, brushing off his question again. He looked different.

His blonde hair was longer than I'd remembered. A scar ran across his cheek. His brown eyes looked tired and angry. His expression darkened a little more.

"I asked you a question first. And, if you've forgotten, I have a bit of an upperhand," he said calmly, shifting a little to prove his point. I winced a bit as his knee went into my ribcage. He didn't seem to notice, or just decided not to acknowledge it.

"What were you thinking?" he repeated for the third time, loosening his grip just a little. "I... I was going to kill her," I replied through grit teeth, starting to struggle once more under his grip. He held me down tightly again.

 "Why?" I stared at him for a second. He had to be kidding. I inspected his features. He was dead serious.

"So that maniac won't kill anyone else!" I shouted at him in disbelief.

He sighed, and shook his head slowly. "Killing isn't the answer, Sierra." His eyes softened a little. "She isn't a monster like the ones you fight, even though she's done things like them.  She's still human."

Anger returned to me at that moment. "Stillhuman?!" I repeated, anger flickering in my eyes. "She's killed dozens, no, wait, HUNDREDS, of people! And you're defending her?! She deserves to die!"

"If you kill her, you'll only be sinking to her level," he replied calmly. I can't even explain how angry that made me. "Her level?! HER LEVEL?!" He flinched at my raising voice level, but I didn't care.

"She's still your mom, Sierra."

I wanted to get up and strangle him right them and there.

I had enough of his lecture. I kneed him hard in the back. He gasped in shock, his grip loosening significantly. Taking advantage of it, I pushed him off. He fell to the side, surprised. I retrieved my knife, and dusted myself off. I glared down at him.

"She might have given birth to me, but she is not my mom," I hissed angrily. With that, I turned to leave, that's when I heard it. Voldemort's voice ringing above us.

“You have fought,” said the high, cold voice, “valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

“I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour.” The voice cut off. leaving an eery silence.

Hey, guys! Would you mind following Lily on instagram? Her user is @its_a_person_called_me Thanks!