Chapter 6: Got Ya, Huh?

“My father is Hades, old lady! HE be freaking awesome!”

I jump up into the air and suddenly an electric guitar appears and we have all out party with Ginny, Harry, Malfoy, and everyone else.

“YEAH!!!!!!!!!!”

Then Hades appeared in a bathrobe. He gasped.

“YOU BE HAVING A PARTY WITH OUT ME!?!? ME, THE KING OF PARTIES!!!!”

Then we all party until a vampire comes in and sucks all our blood.

The end

What you guys think? A good ending? Nah, just kidding. Here’s the real chapter.

"I'm sure your mistaken, Professor. My father is no one that you've met. He's not anyone important, let alone ancient or powerful," I said, feeling a bit of panic.

I'm sorry Father, but I can't let her know, at least, not yet. I was praying he wouldn't kill me where I sat for saying that.

Even if I hated him, I knew he could still kill me with a snap of his fingers. Oh, and if you don't know, my dad's Hades. You can say he's got a bit of a temper on him.

"Are you sure?" she asked. "Yes, ma'am, I'm completely sure," I said quickly. She sighed.

"Well, Lestrange, I shouldn't keep you anymore. I'll walk you back to the dormitory so the Carrows don’t have your hide.” She handed me the bracelet.

I put it on and felt myself change back into Rebecka. She placed a hand on my shoulder, but it wasn’t as uncomfortable as it had been before. It was more of an understanding type of gesture. I appreciated it.

We went up to the Gryffindor tower in silence. I said the password and we bade each other good night. My head was spinning slightly as I climbed through to where Ginny was dozing off in a chair.

I shook her gently awake and led her upstairs. She tried to question me about the meeting, but I told her I’d tell her more about it in the morning.

I was pretty sure if McGonagall was already suspicious of me, Ginny and the others probably would be suspicious, too.

But, at the moment, I didn’t really care. I was too relieved to care. I changed into some more comfortable clothes to go to sleep.

It was a good ending to the first day of Hogwarts. But a good ending of a day never stays good when you’re a demigod. As soon as I was asleep, dreams were unavoidable.

+++

I found myself in my father’s throne room, in front of his throne. He throne that had scared me the first time I saw it. Now, not so much.

The only thing that scared me in here was the large man in the throne.  My father, Hades himself.

“Father,” I said, through grit teeth. “Ah, my daughter who cheated even me. Why so bitter?” I felt my lip curl. “I don’t know. I guess cheating and bitterness come from you.”

Yeah, I know. I’m pushing my luck. He’s an immortal and could kill me with a snap of his fingers. But he infuriated me. I hadn’t seen him since the war, and for a good reason.

We had a slight argument last time.

“Oh, Sierra, I know you are angry at me for what I said last we met. That little argument,” he said. I sent him a glare.

A little argument?! That little argument put Los Angeles in panic for a week!” If it was possible, he seemed to pale a little. For the first time, I noticed how nervous he seemed.

“You’re not supposed to be doing this,” I realized. “No. Zeus is not allowing us to communicate with our children or anyone in the mortal world for that matter,” he said.

Then another realization hit me. If he couldn’t talk to anyone in the mortal, then why is he speaking to me?

 “Why are you speaking to me?” I asked quietly. “I need a favor from a child of mine, one that knows how to shadow-travel.” I couldn’t help but feel on-guard.

“Why didn’t you call Nico? Or Hazel? They’re obviously much more fit for your needs, whatever they are,” I said bitterness returning.

“For one, Hazel can’t shadow travel. Two Nico’s a little… Caught up in a few things. Besides, you are much stronger than both and you have abilities that they don’t. You also have more endurance and can stand much more.”

I took a deep breath. “What is it you need, Father?” He smiled slightly.

“I need you to do me a very big favor. A man has agreed to make a deal with me. A very, very important deal. I need you to meet him and retrieve the item of trade. It’s an important deal and I want you to be kind of like my… ambassador.” I rolled my eyes.

“What kind of deal?” I asked suspiciously. “That is nothing to be of your concern of. It won’t be affecting you.” I rolled my eyes.

 “Alright,” I said. “When and where?”

For the record, the only reason I said I would do this was because he could do things to me if I didn’t.

“During the next trip to Hogsmeade, I need you to shadow-travel to New York. Another demigod will be there to give you a small, silver box. You got it so far?”

I nodded. “Yes and then what do I give him in return?” He smiled, a bit cruelly. He held up a large sack of…I don’t know. But it smelled awful.

“What is that?” I asked, pinching my nose. “It’s what I need you to trade with the other demigod.” I nodded.

“Alright, Father, I will do as you ask.” He smiled. “Good. Now, I must go. Goodbye, Sierra Lestrange.”

The dream faded and I woke up in the dormitory with Ginny shaking me awake.