Chapter 13: Even If It Breaks Your Heart

Warning: Chapter is unedited!

I loved it. The Room of Requirement, as the people here called it, was beautifully chaotic with about thirty or forty people living here.

There were a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, there was only one Slytherin, but the majority were Gryffindors. I had bunk next to the only Slytherin, Nyx. She was really cool, actually. She was really fun and creative.

Like most of the people here, I only went to a few classes. Some didn't even go at all. It's not like the majority of the teachers were actually aware of us not being there. Those who did notice our disappearance, they couldn't find us.

It wasn't simple keeping the a room secret, but we could manage.

Time went pretty quickly, with everyone rushing around and just hanging out, and soon it was only a few days until Christmas holiday.

I was surprised about how fast time flies. I was lying awake on my bed, unable to sleep. A lot of things kept unning across my mind.

"Hey, Rebecka, you awake?" a voice next to me asked. I rolled over and caught Nyx staring at my back.

"Yeah. Can't sleep. You?" She sighed and shook her head. "Nope." I nodded. "Welcome to the club of the sleepless," I muttered. She snorted.

"Yeah, I guess so. Are you going home for the holidays?" she asked. I sighed. I still hadn't decided. It was pretty hard desision.

Ginny, Neville and Peter were going home but Zeke might be at camp, and I really didn't want to see him.

"I don't know. I eally haven't decided. You?" She shok her head. "I'm staying here. Not much of a home to go back to." I understood that feeling.

"So who would you be going back to, if you did go home? Parents? Siblings? Family?" Well, that was a hard question to answer.  

Technically, no parents, one sibling, that is if Nico as there, but there were cousins and nephews and nieces and all that mixed up stuff. But in my eyes, I had Chiron as a dad and All the campers were siblings, inluding th Ares, Athena and Aphrodite cabins.

"I guess you could say. Back to sharing a room with my little half-brother. Which really  should be a snap, considering livg with all these people." She smiled.

"That sounds cool. How many people in yor house?" Dang it. Another hard question. "That is a hard question. It changes depending on the time of year."

She nodded, thinking she understood, though I doubt she truly knew what I meant. "If you ant my advice, I think you should go home and get out of the satan pit." I smiled.

"I guess you're right." She sighed. We were both quiet, and soon, I realized Nyx had fallen asleep. 

Lucky, I thought. How she can fall asleep with out the gods giving her a life-threatning quest for something stupid. After a while, I finally fell asleep.

+++

In the end, I decided to tak Nyx's advice. I was going to go home. Me and Peter got a compartment alone, since Ginny and Neville were sitting with other people for the first part of the ride.

I sat on one side and Peter sat on the other. He was silent for the first part of the ride. I tried to read his expression, which was pretty easy for me. He looked, worried and... confused? No, scared.

"Are you okay?" I asked, breaking the slightly awkward silence. He looked at me like he hadn't realized I was there.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," he muttered, looking back out the window. I stared at him and grabbed his hand.

"Peter, you're lying. I can tell," I said, quietly.

"I'm fine, just leave me alone," he said, pulling his hand away. "Peter, please, I don't like seeing you like this. Just tell me what's the matter," I whispered, grabbing his hand again.

He pulled it away angerly. "Just leave me alone, Rebecka." Now I was worried.

"What is your problem? What the heck has you behaving this way? Why are you being so secretive? I know something's wrong. Why can't you just tell me?" I asked, staring at him.

He had a fiery light in his eyes. "You want to know what's wrong with me? You. You are my problem." I stared at him.

"Rebecka, I'm breaking up with you."