Shhh don't tell

*I wrote this chapter at 4am. I'm apologising on advance for what you're about to read ha*

This has been the worst week of my life so far.

            And now I had to finish the damn paper by myself because Mr. Ball decided not to cooperate. At all.

            I waited for Brad after lunch. I didn’t even knew which classes he was in, so I couldn’t find his classroom. Great. After looking for him for 20 minutes I gave up and made my way to History class right in time. That class was destined to be the worst part of my day.

            I walked in and sat on my seat. Connor wasn’t there, as usual. The teacher was, once again, telling us that we had to have the damn thing done by Friday when a guy with messy blond hair that was sitting in front of me (and that I swear I never saw in my life) turned back and handed me some paper.

            “Uhm it’s not mine” I said to him, looking down to my notebook again. Trying to avoid contact with everyone. Oh now wonder why I have no friends.

            “I know, its Connor’s. He asked me to give you this. He had to miss class today.” I looked up to him again when I heard that name. The guy was smiling at me. Oh, okay then.

            I took it from his hand and mouthed thanks. “uhm….”

            “……Tristan?”  He smiled again. I didn’t even knew a guy named Tristan was in my class? Oh I should socialize more. Or not because when I do, I get threatened.

            “Yeah, ok. Thanks Tristan.” He turned away.

            Knowing that Connor was not going to that class was a relief but what was he doing? Oh, whatever, not my business.

            I started to read the papers that Tristan gave me and it was half of the history homework we had to do, exactly what I needed to finish it. It was written on the computer but he made an effort. I read the whole thing, thinking it was copy-pasted from Wikipedia but it seemed to be written by him. Wow.

            At the end there was a note saying “I’m not as bad as I seem to be.”

   ********

At the end of the day I walked alone to meet the other members of the group at our room. Everyone was already inside and chatting when Brad walked in. He pulled me to a quiet part of the room and asked if Connor did something else to me. I thought about telling him about Connor thinking that we were dating to try to prove him something but why would I? That’s not even a big deal.

            Connor walked in the room later on. Aria smiled at him but he just ignored her. He saw me with Brad and mouthed something at Brad but he looked away. Something was wrong and Brad was acting like Connor wasn’t even in the room. I didn’t really want to ask him what happened. I can’t deal with more drama now.

            Brad offered to take me home after school but I just wanted to walk home alone. There was a lot in my mind and after all, Brad didn’t look as good himself. At the end of the 1h everyone left the room leaving us alone.

            “I don’t have classes tomorrow, so, I’ll pick you up at……?”     

            Shit. The party.

            “Oh, right… uhm I’ll meet you there. Is that ok for you?”

            He smiled at me. Something about his smile wasn’t right.