Blue Eyed Devil

All the hanger took over and I’m glad he gave me a reason to do that. Everyone was looking at us and I felt my face burning. The teacher was shouting our names but I was focused on hating Connor like my life depended on it. He was looking at me confused and I was kind of sad he didn’t shout or something. What a disappointment.

-          CHLOE! CONNOR! Headmaster’s office, NOW! – The teacher looked as mad as I was. I got up and walked out the door without looking back.  

I was the first getting there, so the headmaster heard my version first.

-          Chloe, I understand it but you can’t just do that. You should’ve waited for the end of the class and take care of it like adults. Sorry but you need to be punished for interrupting the class like that, and so does Connor. – The only thought I had in my mind, besides all the hanger, was “please don’t make us share the same punishment”. – I’ve been looking in all the files and you’re one of the few who’s not in any school group or school activity.

-          Yeah, I don’t really get along with people.

-          But you should. High school sucks without any friends to spend it with. That’s why I’m offering you the opportunity to improve your high school experience. What do you say? Will you join any group? Either that or a punishment…..

-          Really?! Can I pick any group?

-          Yes. But you have to stay in the group next year.

-          I’ll do it, sir. Thanks. – I smiled. This was good news, I wouldn’t have to spend all my afternoons with that blue eyed devil.

As I walked out the headmaster’s office I saw Connor sitting at the sitting area. I knew he was already at some stupid sports team, he was definitely getting punished. So, has I walked by him, I smiled with no hanger or sarcasm. It was pure and he noticed that.

-          You better grow some balls and fast, Ball

I spent my lunch time searching for groups and teams that would be worth it. So far I only found the music one and the drawing one, but I had to audition so I could get in the music one. I play the piano since I was 8 and I like how my voice sounds with it. Shouldn’t be hard. The drawing one was already closed and only opened next year, so it left me with the music one.

After looking for her for about 20 minutes I found Aria, the music club's (or should I say glee club, like a choir) director so I could know when I could audition.

-          Don’t you think it’s too late for that? School is over in a month.

-          Yeah I know, but I need this. Headmaster’s point of view says it’s a good thing, you know.  

-          Ok whatever. Can you come to the auditorium tomorrow after school?

-          Yes. – I froze for a second – Wait, who exactly will I be performing to?

-          The whole group, obviously. – She smiled – Come prepared.

-          I will. – Then she left.

I spent the whole evening practising on my old electric piano. My mom sold the real one we had because “it didn’t fit the room theme”. The next day I was quite nervous, even though I didn’t want that as a personal wish. At 4 p.m. I was at the auditorium’s door, too nervous to come in.