Old Memories

BRAD’S P.O.V.

            The sun was already out when I made it to Connor’s house. I ringed him as he asked me to and waited for him at the front of his house. A sleepy Connor opened the door.

            “Thanks for making me wait, mate.” 

            “Can I come in or what?” Con nodded and walked away. I walked in is house and shut the front door.

            “My parents are out, I’m babysitting my brother.” He pointed to the door that leaded to the living room while walking to the stairs. “Let’s go, we can talk in my room.” I followed him.

            I wasn’t quite sure on what was I doing there. Con told me everything he wanted to tell me, but hearing Chloe’s version earlier scared me as hell. Connor did some shit before, but he never broke into someone’s house. Why would he do that over some fucking rumours?

            “Brad, you’re sitting there for five minutes. Are you going to speak or not?” Connor sat in his bed in front of me.

            “How’s the girlfriend?” Better start with a light subject.

            Connor looked confused for a second and then nodded.

            “Alright. Whatever.” His phone rang but he just ignored it. “She’s getting pretty lame lately. Always texting me, asking what I’m doing or who am I with. Anyway, you’re going to the party right? I could get you a date if you want to.”

            “Already got one. What’s the party about?”

            “I don’t even know but she’s thirsty for attention, as usual.” He looked over to me. “What date?”

            Thank you for bringing that up, Con.

            “You know that girl, Chloe?”

            Connor sat straight on his bed, looking at me. Then he laughed.  

            “You must be fucking kidding me.”

            “What’s your problem with her?” His reaction pissed me off. I wasn’t aware I was shouting at Connor but well. He wasn’t smiling anymore.

            He got up and I did the same.

            “I’ve got my reasons, mate.”

            “What? You don’t like her because she doesn’t fall into your games?” He looked away. “You’re not a player AND you have a girlfriend, why are you even acting like this? You’re being a twat.”

            Con stepped away. I knew I was getting there.

            “Whatever she did, you’ve got no right to fucking break into her house. You could get arrested for it mate.” He looked confused but didn’t seem to care about me knowing about it. “She thinks you’re dangerous.”

            He laughed and walked to the room’s door, opening it.

            “If you came here to talk about her then you should leave.”