Chapter 30- Why Don't You be You and I'll be Me?

"Who's this?" Shaun asked pointing towards the tall figure known as Ross.

After I let some tears out we continued to drive back to Shaun and Eliza's place. There were very few exchanges of words but it wasn't awkward. It gave me time to think which is something I need to do a lot more of. I thought about how serious I was when I expressed how done I was with Austin knowing I would never walk away completely. I thought about baby Olivia and how I could be a great aunt. I thought about Ross and how oddly protective he has gotten. At the door Ross had his hands on my shoulders rubbing his thumb in circles but as soon as the door opened he crossed his arms and kept a stoic face and sat up to look taller. I smiled a little. He was being protective, cute.

"Ross, he's a mutual friend." I responded still not 100% myself yet.

My eyes were a bit puffy and I really needed a bed right now. I could barely stand my legs were so weak. The cool air circling around me made me even sleepier and how upset I was didn't help when trying to focus. All I could think about was Austin and sleeping. Austin and bed. Austin in bed. Austin naked in-. I shook my head pushing away the thought of his lips all over my body and his body pushing into mine. Your mad, if you want to yell at him stay mad.

"Well I think I'm a little more than that pup." He uncrossed his arms and raised his eyebrow.

Ross knew he was the best thing I had to a dad probably a better dad then my actual dad could ever be. Thinking about this I wondered what me leaving did to him and Luna. I mean it was just Austin and I making the decision but it effected more than just us. Wow that was pretty selfish.

"I gave you one pass to call me pup because I was upset with your friend-"

"Your boyfriend." Ross interrupted.

"Okay fine, my boyfriend but no one pup got it mister." I held a finger up to his face making his eyes cross a little. There was something bad in my mouth as my boyfriend came out of it.

"Got it, pup." He smiled.

"Okay daddy. Two can play at that game." I responded with an evil grin.

I knew he hated the term and hated if I called him any kind of 'father' type term. Ross pretended to throw up showing his displeasure with the term coming out of my mouth. A sudden cough brought me back to the original conversation. Shaun stood there waiting for an explanation from either me or Ross.

"Were you guys like a thing?" Shaun asked clearly confused pointing at me and switching back and forth between Ross and I.

"Nooo." Ross and I said in unison.

"He's like 50 years old, 60 with that god awful beard." I joked elbowing the alpha in the side.

"Hey you said you liked it." Ross said while holding his chest like he was heart broken while also stoking his beard.

"People lie old man." I went on my toes and patted his cheek.

"Okay can you just come inside, its cold and I want information on what happened tonight." Shaun said covering his arms.

"No can do buddy, I'm getting her a hotel." Ross said crossing his arms back.

"You are?" I asked.

"Yeah I assume you don't want to see Austin and he knows where your place is so that's a no. I don't feel right about this place so that's a no. So hotel."

"I don't feel right?" I thought to myself.

'Must be an Alpha thing.' Alidia said.

'Well hello there little Ms.Talk-a-lot'