Chapter 24- The Feisty One

Soon after Austin shook Shaun's hand my hand was on Austin's face. Surprised he wobbled backwards holding on to his cheek. Shaun stood there wide eyed for maybe a second but quickly started laughing while grabbing his stomach. And he was laughing hard. His fun was cut short when his phone rang.

"I deserved that." Austin said going back to his regular stance.

"Yeah you did and is that Eliza?" I asked Shaun.

"Yeah-hello. I'm with Zoe like every weekend. Babe you live in my apartment, I see you every day and I need some time with my friend. Yeah I'll ask. If you guys are done with being an old married couple, do you want to come by my place for movie night?"

Eliza was Shaun's girlfriend and roommate. I've only met her a couple of times and for some reason she doesn't like me. Something about me trying to steal Shaun away from her, which is crazy because well the 6-foot piece that stood in front of me. Eliza was shorter thank me at 5'2 with blonde hair and bluish-grey eyes. She seemed sweet and I would be jealous too if my boyfriend insisted on spending his weekend time with another girl.

 She seemed sweet and I would be jealous too if my boyfriend insisted on spending his weekend time with another girl

"Sure. Maybe when she realizes Austin is real she'll stop thinking I'm trying to be a homewrecker." I joked.

Austin stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"Come on meat head get in the car." I pushed him towards the back seat of my car.

"I am not sitting in the back seat." Austin said looking at me like I was crazy. Seriously he couldn't sit in the back seat for 10 minutes. "Shaun?" I asked looking at my friend for some help. "Don't worry ZoZoPet I'll sit in the back." He said pushing past us getting into that car. I got into my car and started the engine waiting for Austin to come in. Once he got in I pulled out of the parking lot.

 Once he got in I pulled out of the parking lot

"Zoe I-" Austin started and he stopped. He really wanted to say something, that was clear but he didn't know if he should. "I missed you so much." He said turning his whole body towards me.

"Well whose fault is that?" I said sarcastically. If Austin wanted me to wait four years I can make him wait too.

"You look good and happy. I figured you would be." Austin said almost too quiet for me to hear.

"Happy? You think I'm happy. I'm barely getting by. This wasn't some normal relationship where we decided to take a break for a month or so. We were literally made to be together and you told me to leave because you were scared to take away my innocence or make me change!" I exclaimed slowly getting louder by the minute.

He had the fucking audacity to think I was happy. My friend is still in a comma and I been alone for the past four years until I met Shaun. I had lost everything when I left.

"You said okay." He said losing the quiet voice he had before.

"Yeah because we couldn't do anything right. But for you to say I'm happy without anyone in my life before I met Shaun-." I had to stop the car not too far from Shaun's apartment. I started to grip the steering wheel until my knuckles were as pale as possible. I shut my eyes hard needing to breath.

I looked up to Austin who truly looked worried. "Zoe do you want me to drive?" Shaun asked grabbing my shoulder. I shook my head no. "The first two years were bearable since Kash was there but when we went to college, it felt like I lost everyone. What took you so damn long?" I cried out.

He sat there silent, not a single word he wanted to say. I shook my head and continued driving. I could feel Shaun's hand rubbing my back for comfort. A small smile creeped up. I'm so lucky to have him. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have chocked Austin out after I kissed him.

We were finally there and I was the first one to head up the stairs to get to Shaun's apartment. I knocked on the door my eyes probably red and puffy. Eliza opened the door with her normal big smile but it quickly went away when she saw me.

"Woah what's wrong?" she asked pulling me inside.

"Austin is what's wrong." I said walking into the apartment.

"Austin isn't real just like my cousin doesn't have a girlfriend that goes to another school." She said holding my cheek.

"Heh I beg to differ sweetheart." Austin said stepping into the living room.

Eliza looked at me as if to ask "I'm not imagining this right?" and suddenly when she realized what was happening she walked up to Austin, stood on her tippy-toes and slapped him. I'm mean harder than I did which is strange since she had such a small body. She would hate to admit it before she met Austin but me and her were friends, no matter how jealous she got. She stomped back towards me and got in a boxing stance in front of me.

"You break her heart I break you. Let's go Calvin Klein sasquatch, right now."

Shaun jogged in quickly after the sound of skin to skin contact was sound through the apartment. "Babe calm down it's-." he started.

"I know who this fucker is. Mr. 'you're so beautiful but you should leave my life until I find you which is freakin' four years later'." Eliza responded in a sarcastic tone.

"Can we talk about...dogs please" Austin said suddenly looking at me.

Dogs as in werewolves, great. Just jumping right into pack business then.

"Dogs?! YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT DOGS WHILE THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE IS CRYING!! I'M GONNA SHOVE A WATER HOSE SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING FOUNTAIN!!" Eliza said trying to go at him but Shaun caught her before she attacked. He pulled her into one of their rooms and she kept on trying to fight.

"Why has no one and I mean no one called or texted me these past years? Even Val seems to be ignoring me." I said crossing my arms.

"I told them not to contact you." He said ashamed.

He should be. Besides my brother and maybe my grandparents the pack was my only family, my only friends too.

"Why did you take so long?"

He just looked at me. Still no answer. I shook my head in disappointment and walked towards the kitchen. I felt him grab my wrist and pull me into his chest. His arms were wrapped around my waist while my hands were placed on his chest. I was conflicted. I wanted to move because I was angry with him but the feel of his chiseled chest and the feel of his heart beating had such a strong pull.

"I hate you." I whispered.

He signed rubbing my back

He signed rubbing my back. "You want to hate me but you don't."

"Why do I still love you?" I exclaimed still mixed between chocking him and kissing him.

"Because we are mates. You'll always be my girl. Always." He retorted before kissing my forehead.