Chapter 2

Zoe P.O.V.

"Kash when is Grandpa and Grandmother coming over!" I asked washing the dishes at the house.

"Umm I think next week!" he yelled back from upstairs.

Although Kash and I don't have a mother or father we have Grandparents. They raised us until we were freshman in high school and we lived alone in this two story house since then. They are pretty rich with, two homes (including Kash and I's), three summer homes, a golf course, three public pools and two private ones. All because my grandfather owns over 500 hotels all over the world. They visit us every once in awhile to make sure are grades are up, the house is taken care of, we're feed and we haven't died in the past month.

Once all the dishes were done I dried off my hands and headed to the cabinet to get something for dinner. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and a few moments later a hand taps me on the shoulder. Not expecting that to happen I jump and turn around at the same time cause my hand to hit Kash right on the cheek. Once I realized what I have done I started to grabbing on to my stomach as Kash tried to rub the pain away.

"I came in here to say that I was in the mood for some Chinese food." Kash said once I quieted still holding his cheek.

"Nope we had it yesterday."

I put some ice in a plastic bag and gave it to him still smiling.

"We could invite Cora and Alice over and order some sushi." Kash said in response.

"Not a bad idea K. Ill call the sushi place that's like two blocks from here and order take out. You call the ladies--" I said making the game plan.

"Want me to set up the table while you pick up the sushi." He said interrupting me.

"Yep." I said closing the cabinet and getting my phone from upstairs.

*

*

*

Kash and I were now at the dining table with sushi on our plates and our dates sitting next to us. Alice is Kash's long time girlfriend. They have been together since middle school. Where Cora and I have been together since freshman year. So we have been together for 2 years.

" I heard about that guy screaming God hates gays in Math today." Alice said in her petite voice.

"Oh yeah his name is Brian. He is known for messing with kids so that was the last straw and the guy got suspended." Cora said leaning her head on my shoulder.

"I get that people have their religions and stuff but last I checked God loves everyone. Also people act like the have never sined before when they see and gay person. Third of all--" Kash started to rant.

"Babe calm down Zoe and Cora know how you feel . You don't have to remind them because they have people like Brian to remind them." Alice said getting a hold of Kash's arm.

Kash looked away from his girlfriend at stared at Cora and I. I could see , scratch that feel the anger and the sympathy rolling off of him like waves. He hated when I was treated like a second class citizen by people that wish me to hell. I knew all those memories from when he had punched for me or verbally fought back for me when people spoke disgust about my sexuality were flooding his mind. After that moment the dinner became awkward until we decided to watch a movie.

*

*

*

Austin P.O.V.

Val found out that my mate goes to Hartwell High and we are going to have a meeting in about half an hour with all the teachers that work there in our pack. There is still a possibility that none of the teachers we brought here today know who she is and the scared me. Ross patted my back as we walked into the conference room.

Almost everyone was there except Mr. Jones and Ms. Hathaway. About fifteen minutes later everyone was there and we decided to start early. "Good evening teachers and faculty of Hartwell High. Today we need your help with finding out who your beta's mate is. All we know is her school and what she looks like." Ross starts. Everyone nodded their heads in understanding.

"Okay she is an average sized at least 5'3 African American female. She has straight black hair down to her shoulders, I believe blackish brown eyes, nice smile, she has a brother or a boyfriend that rides the same bus, and he has similar features but is taller and has a fade." I said thinking back to when I first saw her.

The teachers thought for a moment. Suddenly Mr. Jones got up and walked towards me. "I think your talking about one of my favorite students Zoe Carson." He said.

"Thank you other teachers with trying to help us find Austin's mate. You may now proceed with your day." Ross said in his authoritative tone.

"Oh by the way the guy you're talking about that rides the bus with her is her twin brother, Kash. She is taken at the time though." Mr. Jones said.

"Thank you Steve. What is the guys name?" I asked trying to hide the fact that my wolf and I were completely and utterly jealous.

"Call me Steve and her name is Cora." Steve said putting emphasis on the her.

'Our mate is likes chicks?' Convel said confusion in his voice.

"Well, Steve I will come back to you with a plan on how I would be able to meet her maybe even grow a friendship through you." I said sending him off.

'I guess we have competition.' Convel said in a deathly tone.