Chapter 21

"Zoe?" I heard from behind me.

"I said I wanted to be alone." I stated sternly.

"Well that is no way to speak to your Alpha." Ross said playfully.

"Oh sorry Alpha Ro- Ross." I said looking behind me.

"Hey I get it your friend's unconscious and you fear for your kids. It could be worse though." He said sitting next to me.

I was in the rim of the forest that was behind the pack house.

"I'm really sorry about what happened to Rosalina and Lucas." I said.

"Don't be sorry It wasn't your fault, we are gonna find them." Ross said patting my head.

"Hey." Ross said nudging my shoulder.

"What?" I said nudging his shoulder back.

"Thanks you've been like a daughter to Luna and it's really been helping her through this tough time." Ross said.

"No problem dad." I said playfully.

"If Luna wants you to call her mom whatever but my best friend's mate will not be calling me daddy." Ross said.

"Oh I get it, Luna calls you that enough at night." I said prepared to make a run for it if necessary.

"You're gonna pay for that." Ross said reaching for me but I had already started running.

I was running past trees with Ross not to far behind me.

"Have you shifted yet?" Ross asked.

"I've let my wolf out but I've never shifted!" I screamed so he could hear me.

"Now would be a great time to do it!" Ross yelled out.

I made a right turn and hide behind one of the many trees. I took a deep breath and relaxed.

'Let me do it." Alidia said.

'No I think I'm supposed to learn how to do it with out you.' I thought.

After concentrating for a bit I heard the shifting and cracking of bones. I opened my eyes and I was still standing but when I looked down I saw fur nothing but whitish grey fur. I howled and an image flashed before my eyes. A black werewolf like the classic ones you see not a huge wolf but truly a half man half wolf. It was Kash I know for sure. I poked my head out from behind the tree and went on all fours. I could hear foot steps near me and that familiar woodsy smell.

"Zoe?" I heard two voices say in unison.

I looked up to see Ross and Austin.

"You're eyes their still brown. That means you can shift without having your wolf take control. That explains why you still have some human features." Ross said while petting me.

"I knew where special but wow your brother must be the same way." Austin said.

"Try standing on your hind feet." Ross directed.

I stood up and I was easily towering over both Ross and Austin.

"You wanna turn back?" Austin asked.

I shook my head yes. He took off his shirt and placed it behind me and started to walk a bit away. I shifted back and felt the cold air all over my body. I quickly put on the shirt and walked towards them.

*

*

*

"Kash we need to talk." I said to my brother.

"What's up?" He said sitting down next to me.

"I shifted."

"I know." he said tiredly.

"Oh well I think we should make a deal." I said leaning on to him.

"Which is?" He said looking down at me.

"Don't shift into our half human-half wolf forms. Deal?" I said sticking out my hand.

"Unless we have to." Kash said shaking my hand.

*

*

*

A/N I realized that I haven't been writing lately . There is a sequel which I have been working on for awhile and once I figure out the title and officially write down a few chapters.

Basically the book will be following Zoe's and Emily's kids in their late teens but there will also be plenty of flashbacks to important moments in Zoe and Austin's life that weren't expressed in this book.

Thank you for reading. ( ' u ' )/