Chapter 9

"So I was a mistake." Austin said as I turned towards the table.

"No that's not what I meant.I-" I said not knowing how to word it.

"Well you what." He said about to leave.

"Wait I didn't mean it like that honest. I just wanted to make her feel better about the situation. She very fragile and when she breaks all hell breaks loose." I said grabbing his arm.

"You shouldn't be worrying-"

"Hold on so because we are mates and you can't control your jealousy you automatically have a right to control how I treat a situation." I said getting offended.

"Jealous?"

"Yes jealous and right now I rather walk than get in a car with a jealous,possessive,animalistic,hot,idiot that I'm sadly paired with for the rest of my life."

"You could always reject me."he said sadly.

"No I won't give you that freedom." I said walking out of the door.

*

*

*

I decided to walk to the house because it was way closer than my house and luckily Austin was already here so I didn't have to deal with him. The fight was stupid but I'm not gonna back down. The women of the Carson family never back down.

Since I wasn't pleased with Austin, Emily and Val where---busy, and Ross always ends up sleeping in his office couch for working in his office for so long Luna let me sleep in bed with her. Even though mad at him I snuck in his room while he was taking a shower and stole one of his shirts for pajama reasons.I changed into the large t-shirt, gave Luna her clothes back and joined Luna in her bed.

"Sorry for intruding." I said getting myself comfy.

"Oh it's no problem and from one supernatural to another Ross and I have had our fights too." Luna said in a whisper tone.

"You know?" I ask wide eyed.

"Yeah you seem very animalistic plus I heard you growl before. Sounds very wild cat like."

"I wish she would tell me what I am then I could come with my brother with a full explanation about everything."

"I'm assuming she is your animal." She said before I nodded my head.

I could hear a soft "You'll figure it out." before hearing soft snores. Luna just had a comforting nature about her. It made me want to spill my deepest darkest secrets to her. It makes me want to prove myself to her. Not the way I feel towards Austin though. With Austin it felt like I found something I have been waiting for all of my life but with Luna it's like I've been missing someone to just talk to all my life. After playing it on my mind I decided I should go to sleep and my eyes started to droop.

"Zoe get up!Come on get up!" Luna yelled shaking my body.

"What's wrong?" I said sleepily.

"The twins, they're missing.We have to go just in case there are rogues in the building." Luna said with teary eyes.

I nodded my head and slipped out of the bed with a frantic Luna waiting at the door. When I got to the door I hugged Luna and rubbed her shoulder trying to make her feel better. She opened the door and Austin was standing in front of us shirtless and in pajama pants. He opened his arms for a hug but instead I held a weeping Luna and continued to walk down the stairs. When I walked outside I saw most of the cars were gone and Austin was unlocking his.

"I refuse to get in a car with him." I said.

"Honestly Zoe I don't care how much you hate me but it is my job as your Beta and as your mate to protect you. So get in the car." Austin said aggressively.

I opened the back seat door and got in while seating Luna next to me. We put on our seat belts and Luna continued to cry when Austin drove off. In about 15 minutes we were at. My house? The two story building with beige coloring on the outer walls. The garage that hasn't been opened since the last owner of the home and the bushes that Kash trimmed every two weeks.

"Why are we at my house?" I asked

"The safe house is full of pack members that stay at the house and rouges don't know your my mate or where you live so this is the safest place I could think of." He said taking the key out of the ignition.

"What about Ross, Vale, and Emily?" They are going to Emily's house.

"How are they gonna do that you don't have parents to deal with but Ross has to deal with Emily's? Plus that's pushing the whole meet the parents thing." I said getting out of the car.

"You don't have parents?" Austin and Luna asked in unison.

"No I lived with my grandparents until freshman year and they bought Kash and I our own house. They visit every month or so." I said explaining my situation.

"Why couldn't they just raise you and your brother?" Asked Luna.

"Well at first our grandfather was going to have a nanny raise us then when the time come give us the family business but our grandmother thought was a horrible idea. So she begged him for days to just let her raise us and one day he said fine but as soon as we get into high school we will be on our own."

"Business?" Austin asked.

"Our grandfather owns over 500 hotels all over the world and down at I think either Washington or California they have HQ."

"Zoe!" Kash yelled coming from the front door.

"Hey Kash." I said giving him a hug.

"I was worried because Grandma and Grandfather are coming over tomorrow.Who are they?" Kash asked pointing at Austin and Luna.

"Kash I assume-" I started to say.

'Hunter is Kash's animal's name." Alidia said.

"I assume Hunter has told you some information about us." I said to a surprised Kash.

"Yeah he told me that supernaturals exist and that we are shifters." Kash said thinking back.

"Correct but there is more." I said looking up at Austin.