Chapter 10

"So you and 6 foot over there are soulmates?" Kash asked pointing at Austin as we sat in the living room.

"Yep and it's possible you and Alice are." I said in response.

"How do you know?" Kash asked hoping his high school sweetheart was his mate.

"How do you feel when you're around her?" I asked leaning into Luna.

"I feel- my heartbeat quicken and I'm always nervous around her, scared to say the wrong thing. My body feels this tingling all over and I just wanna hold her." he said closing his eyes.

"Has Hunter, your animal, say anything around her?" Austin asked.

"Umm he has called her pretty and some other stuff that's kinda uh- sexual." Kash said.

"Like Convel does like anytime he takes control." I said getting happy for my brother.

"Not just when he takes control it's uncomfortable really." Austin said in response.

"Oh stop pretending you don't agree." I said teasingly.

"Has he ever said mine when she's around?" said Luna who had been quiet the whole time.

"Yeah actually when we went to Tampa that one summer." Kash said matter a factly.
*
*
*
Through the day Luna and I cleaned the house up and talked in my room. I was keeping myself busy so I didn't have to talk to Austin. We were going to fast anyway. No matter what I am I was raised as a human and I will live my relationships like a human.

"What was it like when you first met Ross?" I asked Luna sitting on my bed.

I haven't seen Ross and Luna together often but when I do they really look in love. Something beyond the mate bond. That is something I wanted. Not just someone to have kids with but someone to hold me during cold nights and give me a shoulder to cry one. A best friend and a lover.

"Um my pack wanted to make a treaty with Ross's and since I had turned 18 recently my father decided to take me with him."

"That seems awful simple doesn't it."

I'm so used to reading stories upon stories about mates meeting at something as little as a high school to the middle of a war between packs. The stories never really tell you about the ones that are just walking across the street and feel that pull. They never tell you about the werewolves that have been friends that just so happened to be mates. So hard to remember that although these people can turn into freaking wolves those are still people turning.

"Well not every wolf meets their mate through an extraordinary way sweetie." Luna said in response.

I hear a soft knock coming from the door. I look up to where the sound was coming from and saw anxious Austin . Luna saw him to as she got up and went out the door while holding up her thumbs. I scoot over so Austin had more room to sit as he walks in.

"I'm sorry I over reacted." he said.

"It wasn't that big of a deal anyway. I was just trying to find something to be mad at you for." I said playing with the hem of my blanket.

This hem is extremely interesting. Just look at how this person sowed-.

"Why?"

I took a second to think. I kept on telling myself we were moving to fast-which we were-but there had to be a reason. Fear maybe? Before I could think more about it I noticed Austin was staring at me waiting for an answer. Them my mouth decided to go for a run without my brain.

"Because we are moving so fast you know. We have only been on one date-which we never even eat during- and I'm already really into you. Like a lot." I said not realizing what I just said.