Chapter 37:

'Don't want to fall in love'

Chapter 37:

(Dylan's POV)

I held her hand as we walked down the street, I wanted her to have the rest of a normal day. I didn't want to go and see my family and drag her into the drama that could possibly drive her crazy. It was strange how she wanted to actually go and meet my granddad. I know I've met all her family and she has no idea about mine but trust me, to not know is better. 

"I'm thinking of quitting my job. I know I was pretty adamant on keeping it earlier but now I've had time to think about it, I can't pretend to be dead and still continue being alive if you get what i'm trying to say" She explained out of the blue. 

"Yeah know I get you, you know you don't have to rush into anything just yet. One of the best things about being immortal is the fact that there is nothing holding you down." I said trying to reassure her. I know that there is a lot of pressure on her at the moment but I also know that she's the not the sort of person to be spontaneous. As we turn a corner, I heard a murmur from Ella before someone comes crushing into her, making her let go of my hand. 

"My folks?" She murmured before who i'm guessing her mom ran into her. 

"Dylan? When did you get back onto the scene?" Ella's dad John said before Ella's mom Kimberly let go of her. 

"Recently. Look it's a long story, i'll tell you guys later. How come you guys are .... together? In the city?" She asked a little confused. Her parents got pregnant with Ella when they were teenagers and decided on getting married. They were a good couple, it's just they didn't think so. So her dad went and had an affair and her mom got involved with art, the only time they saw each other were at the serious occasions, well that's what Ella tells me. 

Me and John got along from day one, we had a good laugh and it didn't feel uncomfortable around each other. Me and Kim were alright too, they seemed really nice and they seemed to like me, that's until now i'm guessing considering they thought I had 'left the scene' as John just put it.

"Well we're actually here for you kiddo." John stated. 

"We were so worried when Lorenzo told us what had happened when you met with him. Are you sick? Is something going off? You look so different, it' strange." She asked sounding worried. 

"I'm fine" She lied as her mum felt her forehead. She looked up to me for support but I didn't know what good I could do. 

"You don't just through up blood Ella." John stated. 

"I'm fine. Honestly. If I knew you guys would be this worried or if I were really bad I would have called you" She complained as if she were embarrassed about them hovering and caring. I wished my parents were like that though, they were in their own little worlds, Ella doesn't know how good she's got it. 

"Well we wanted to be sure. Anyway how come you two are walking around? Don't you have work?" Kim asked. 

"I have a day off today." She lied. Kim looked up at me as if she were asking me why I weren't in work. 

"Day off too." I said. Technically I wasn't lying, because the matter of the fact is that I don't have a job, therefore I always have a day off. John looked at me as if he were checking my story out in his head and then decided on speaking. 

"How about we go back to one of yours hey? Move away from the sidewalk." He suggested. I glanced at Ella who was looking at me. 

"Let's go back to mine, come on it's no trouble. You can follow us down there. " I stated sliding my hand into Ella's. 

"Okay then let's do that. We're on Clove avenue so if you drive down there, we can drive from there alright?" Kim said. 

"That's fine." I commented before turning around to the direction of the car. 

"Why did you do that?" Ella asked once we got a distance away from her parents. 

"Because it beats going to see my family. And this way-" I said stopping in the street, moving her hips to face me. She looked annoyed about the fact that she was going to spend the night with her parents instead of mine. 

"-You can start saying your goodbyes." I carried on, finishing with a kiss on the temple of her forehead. 

"Okay? So can you put up with one night of you immortal life?" I asked making her laugh. 

"Fine. When you put it like that." She replied before kissing me softly. A brief moment later, I let go of her hands and took control of her hand as we walked back to the car. 

"I can't believe they both came to see me. Together." She said bewildered as she started up conversation. 

"When was the last time they were together?" I asked. 

"At Lorenzo's birthday? Last July I think?" She said trying to recall it. Just as we turned another corner, I felt Ella come to a sudden stop, staring at something in the distance. I turned to face her and ask her what was going on but when I looked in the same direction, I saw Joe standing there with his arms behind his back and smiling. 

"Remind me to stop coming into town, we are bumping into too many faces." I commented annoyed by his presence. As we were watching the people pass the monster by, he rose his hand and waved in our direction, knowing he had caught our attention.