Chapter 28:

'Don't want to fall in love'

Chapter 28:

(Ella's POV)

I went outside and took a deep breath, It was something i was craving to do since i woke up and the air around me felt some what lighter. I looked around through the tree's and saw the light shine through certain places. I was having a moment for the first time being immortal, everything felt new to me even though i had seen it before briefly. 

A burst of energy flew through me and all i wanted to do was run away, get away from everything and try out work out what i'm going to do about this by myself. Not with advice or help or guidance. I was never really good with instructions anyway and i always had to work through my mistakes before managing. Dylan never liked my personal method but he didn't really get it. 

My silence was disturbed my the loud ringing that sounded like a ringtone in the back of my head. I looked around quickly and ran to the sound with my new speed. It was in Dylan's car but before my head knew what my hands were doing, i punched my hand through the glass and grabbed my phone out of the car. I looked at the caller I.D hoping it was Dylan but it wasn't, unfortunately it was my brother Lorenzo calling. I answered it anyway:

"Hello?" i asked to see if he wasn't pocket dialing me

"Sis! Hey Where are you at? I went to your office and you weren't there. I was going to surprise you by meeting up with you but you spoiled it" He said sounding disappointed in me

"Sorry but i'm out of town" I said remembering that i couldn't see him because of my eye's.

"Come on El i have tried to call you for days to tell you i'm in town but you've not answered my texts or my call's. Can't you come back to see me just for a couple of hours at least?" he asked. He was very persuasive, something he got from our mother. I felt bad because I may not ever have the opportunity to see him again. I huffed down the phone wondering how i'm going to sort this.

"Can't i meet you tomorrow?" i asked

"I'm flying back to N.Y.C early tonight" he said. I huffed again and looked around to see if anyone was watching me but luckily no one was. 

"Fine okay i'll come and meet you" i said giving in.

"Great, Where do you want to meet?" he asked. I need somewhere where i can wear sunglasses to hide my eyes, maybe a cafe. 

"What about a Starbucks in town? It's nice weather so we can sit outside" I said setting my plan into motion, 

"Okay see you at 2" he said before quickly hanging up. I looked at my phone and saw the time was 1:55 pm with other numerous missed calls and texts from Lorenzo, a few missed calls from work and a text message from Dylan. I read Dylan's first:

'You might still be asleep, i'm not sure but if you are awake and you can manage to get in the car to read this,  i'm on my way back now. I'll probably be back by 2 pm so i'll be back soon. x'

I took my heels off, put my phone in one of the shoes and started running. I ran as fast as i could in the right direction still trying to keep hidden from everyone. I remembered half way there i had no sunglasses so i took a quick de-tour and took some fake squared Raybands from a small shop on my way. I hid in the dark somewhere and took off the label. I put them on as i was round the corner from Starbucks as well as my heels, held my phone and walked round the corner. I saw Lorenzo waiting outside talking on the phone. I decided to eavesdrop on the conversation before walking head on in. 

"Yes she's coming ... yeah i'll tell her ... non c'è bisogno di essere così fastidioso ... no no i'll tell her ... okay? ... Ti amo anch'io" I decided to walk in as i could tell the paranoia was just getting to me. I saw that he looked relieved to see me so when i saw him, i ran up to him and hugged him.

"Jesus sis, i didn't know you missed me that much" he said as i basically clinged onto him not wanting to let go of him. I let go after a minute or two and looked at him.

"You look different" he commented. Oh no he's noticed, i didn't know it was that visible.

"Do i?" i asked trying to hide it but instead i sounded like a greasy teenager who's been busted for cheating on a exam. 

"Yeah, i can't work it out but there's something" he said but i tried to side track this conversation for hopefully another time which would be never.

"You go buy me a skinny non fat decaf latte and i'll save our seats out here" I said walking towards a free table and chairs. 

"Okay but the next round is on you" he said

"Where are we? on a night out?" i asked joking around as he laughed walking in. I looked at my phone and saw the time : 2:12 pm. It was just a matter of minutes until i got the phone call from him asking where i am. I turned off my phone and put it on the table as Lorenzo came out.

"Okay El i have to tell you, i can't hold it in any longer" he said sounding excited.

"Go on" i said crossing my legs whilst taking a sip of my coffee. But for some reason, it didn't taste right, it tasted like i was drinking metal. I put it down trying to not to show Lorenzo my expression

"I'm engaged" he said

"To who this time?" i asked. We have had this conversation so many times that he really needed to ask his boyfriends what they like and what they don't like before asking them to marry him.

"Joesph" he said grinning

"Joesph?" i asked shocked ... our old childhood gardener ...