Chapter 30:

'Make foolish people do'

Chapter 30:

(Ella's POV)

Lorenzo explained his long lost love story for our old Italian gardener and he went on like this whilst i gazed off a little. My concentration became elsewhere and a strong taste of metal filled my mouth. The taste altered and next thing i know i could feel my mouth filling up with blood, it felt like i had craved the taste for years in my mouth but the desire for it felt too much. The next thing i knew, I threw up a red liquid all over the table which got recognized not just by Lorenzo.

"Oh my god" I heard people say from around me. I saw the thick deep red liquid drop of the table as i put my hand over my mouth. I wiped the blood from my mouth and looked around in shock.

"Ella are you okay?" Lorenzo said just as shocked as i was. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion around me and Lorenzo moving towards me to shake me out of it was so slow. I looked around and people who were walking past stopped to come to my air, people who were sat around us stood up to have a look. Lorenzo was still shaking me before i pushed him away with too much force due to the fact that he landed on a table near the wall of Starbucks. I looked towards his direction and saw movement. What did i just do? Do i have some sort of super human strength as well? Everything is still going in slow motion at this point apart from me and i am looking around frantically as all movement seizes. Was i moving too quick? Is this another power of mine?

"Let's Play a game" A male voice said. I followed the voice, making me turn around but i saw no movement of anybody or anything. For a moment i thought the voice was Joe's, considering the fact that it was him who originally turned me in the first place i wouldn't be surprised if these were his actions and words, but the voice didn't sound like his :it was much deeper and what you would expect a villain's voice to sound like from a children's story.

"Whoever you are, tell me where you are?" i said not worrying about my life anymore knowing my new way will protect me.

"That's game one, I'll hide ..." he said, his voice fading from behind me but as i quickly turned around, all movement around me carried on as normal and it seemed that everyone and everything unfroze. I looked all around me doing a 360 clockwise turn. I saw my brother being helped up by these two boys he looked up and down at impressed, I saw an old lady looking at me and at the blood on the table, I saw the busboy faint at the sight of blood, and I saw Dylan in the distracted with his Sister and his dad running up to me.

"Ella!" He shouted as he ran the quickest. His face looked desperate and relieved to see me as i ran at a normal speed but still quick enough to get to him. As our bodies clashed together, i felt his full embrace as if he never wanted to let me go. I put my head in the crook of his neck so i could take his scent in, it was overwhelming to see him like this. Everything was heightened, my touch, my smell and even my emotions.

"You have no idea how happy i am to see you" I said as i started crying on his shoulder.

"I think i have a pretty good idea" he replied which made me smile. He started moving his hand up and down my back in a motion to relax me and make me calm down.

"Dylan she threw up blood" I heard his sister say. He then shifted our body position and kept me at arms length. He looked into my eyes and that's when i realized that my sunglasses must have fallen off at some point. I touch under my eye's as he looked at mine.

"Your mesmerizing" he said making me blush. He looked at me not like the others did, he didn't try and pick out any differences of what i used to look like and what i do now, he just looked at me.

"Dylan take the truck, we'll get back alright" His dad shouted, he looked away towards his dad who threw the keys at him which he caught. He grabbed my hand and practically covered me with his body as he led us out and away from everyone and Lorenzo. 

"We need to keep you hidden" he said as we approached a truck which he opened. I didn't recall Dylan owning this truck, but yet again he did come with his family so it could be one of theirs. I got in the passengers seat and he got in the driver's. As we drove off thinking we were going back to his parents, he went in a different direction. We sat in silence, occasionally i would look over at Dylan and he would be concentrated on nothing but the road. Was he mad at me? For running away? I had to so i could leave things on a positive note with Lorenzo just in case i wouldn't be able to see him again.

"Are you mad at me?" i asked disturbing the peace. He tensed his jaw as if he was biting his tongue so he didn't say the wrong thing. Instead of saying anything bad, he kept his mouth shut and didn't even reply. I looked out the window and decided to go back into my own thoughts if he wasn't going to share his. If he wasn't going to say anything so he wouldn't say the wrong thing, I'd rather him speak his mind. But he didn't for the rest of the journey. We arrived outside our house and i could tell the sentiment and the excitement of seeing each other had changed into tension. We sat in the car for a moment as he still looked forward staring into the trees. I watched and waited for him to say something but what i saw was much worse. I saw tears fall down his cheeks.

"Dylan are you-?" i asked before he interrupted me.

"Don't do that again" he said still looking forward.

"But you don't under-" i said trying to explain but he interrupted me again.

"Just don't" he said before he turned his head to face me.

"Don't scare me again" he said carrying on his sentence looking into my eyes like he was looking in my soul. And for the first time, i think i was looking into a part of his.