Chapter 34:

'Oh'

Chapter 34:

(Ella's POV)

Dylan and his mom privately in a different room as me and Dylan's dad laughed over Dylan's childhood memories

"So he went in front of the waterfall and took his clothes and decided to display himself to the whole town with nothing but his white wig at the time" he said putting us both in hysterics as Dylan and his mom came back into the room.

"What's so funny?" Dylan asked as we settled down.

"Just telling Ella about the Wig and the Waterfall story" he said and Dylan looked a little embarrassed.

"Really? Do you have to tell everyone?" he said but me and his dad were laughing quietly to ourselves as his mom spoke up.

"Will Ella be attending this year's annual Immortality ball?" she asked

"That still happens?" he asked sounding like the event was a blast from the past, no wonder he never told me about it. 

"Of course" she said stunned that Dylan would even say such a thing. 

"You know your mother organizes the event every year" Dylan's dad mentioned. I looked over at Dylan but he didn't look too bothered. They carried on with the conversation but i got distracted when i suddenly heard movement outside like someone was trying to get out of a car. I ran super speed to the nearest window at the front of the house and saw a familiar face step out of the Citroen.

Joe 

"Ella!" Dylan shouted from the kitchen trying to see where i went. I ran super speed out of the house and pushed Joe so he was flying in mid air. Joe looked up to see what had happened and after leaning up and wiping the leaves from his jumper, he gave an devilish grin my way when he noticed it was me. 

"How dare you!" I shouted, the word 'dare'  in my shout sounded weaker than the other words. He stood up and waved.

"Ella, as always it is a pleasure" He said clasping his hands together to make a giant fist. 

"Why are you here?" I shouted but he ignored that.

"Wow you really do rock that white eye look. How long does it last 24 or 48 hours?" he asked.

"Why are you here?" I asked again.

"I'm going out on a limb, literally, to say that your in the extreme emotion phase." He said. I ran super speed, grabbed him and threw him as far as a football fields through the trees. I walked normal pace to him as he gathered himself together.

"You think?" I said pissed off at all his little annoying comments as i walked closer towards him.

"What's with all the throwing me about and your speed? Calm down" he said standing back up, the devilish grin was wiped clean off after that.

"Calm down? Calm down?" i shouted due to the nerve that he thought that he could say that in the first place. Grabbing his jumper, i sped to the nearest tree and pushed him against it. 

"Whoa Ella easy, this isn't you" he said as i pushed him hard into the same tree again. I could feel the judgment from him but i really didn't care.

"This is exactly who i am now. You made me into this person." I shouted. I let go of him and watched him fall to the ground on his bum. 

"I didn't want any of this. I was happy the way I was." I carried on. 

"You were happy with your pathetic mortal life?" he asked trying to stand up but i pushed him back down and started pacing forwards and backwards still keeping an eye on him.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"I don't believe you" He said following me as i walked

"I could say the same" I said as i turned to see his face, he smiled at my comment. 

"Your telling me that you don't like new and improved self?" He said trying to confuse me. 

"Why are you here?" I asked repeating my earlier question but yet again he ignored me and went off on his own tangent. 

"It must have been hard to say goodbye to your family. Real bummer that must have been" He said and just as i was about to lay another finger on him, I could feel someone pulling me away. 

"Dylan let me go" I said trying to get out of his grasp but i couldn't. 

"Oh and here comes superman to save wonder woman" Joe said which annoyed Dylan. Dylan let go of all of a sudden and punched Joe across the face which knocked him out. 

"I really couldn't understand what you saw in him" he said making a joke out of it as he turned towards me. For some reason, an overwhelming feeling came over me and all i wanted to do was cry, and kill Joe. But there was one delicate flaw in my evil master plan: Joe cannot be killed. 

"Why is he here?" I asked. 

"Your guess is as good as mine" He replied

"How did find us? We are literally in the middle of nowhere" I said and he turned me around to face him.  He looked at me, but the look was different, unfamiliar in a way like he was looking at a monster but a monster he used to know. I guess i was the monster.

"I don't know but we need to get him out of here" He said letting me go. He got his phone out and started to call someone, i crossed my arms and looked down at the floor feeling the stab of my conscience get to me. 

"Hey dad ... Yeah i found her ... Um yeah ... can you and Julia come down to the north-side of the forest? ... yeah ... there's someone i need Julia to sort out ... ha ha yeah ... see you in a minute" He hung up and looked over to me. 

"They're going to sort out this for you. It's kind of what they're good at" He said putting his phone back in his back pocket. 

"I heard what here said" He mentioned as we waited for the cavalry to arrive, I didn't want to talk about me anymore.

"You can talk to me" he said getting closer. He took my hand and raised my head so i was looking into his eyes. 

"I don't want to talk about any of this okay?" I said letting go of his hand and stepping away from the situation.