Chapter 24:

'This girl is only gonna break your heart'

Chapter 24:

(Ella's POV)

What felt like I was going to sleep was much worse. I didn't feel like i was asleep, I felt sharp pains in my lungs and my stomach. It was like I was being burnt alive from the inside or I was being stabbed with tiny knifes. The pain was excruciating from head to toe. I felt as if my body was vibrating and I shaking. I could hear Dylan speak to me but I was screaming out to him to help me.

"I know you can hear me and I know you are going to be in pain For a while but you will be okay" he said. I felt the touch of someone holding my hand. It felt like I was touching a block of ice with my hand on fire. I screamed again as the pain increased. I felt his hand disappear and so did his voice all together.

"Dylan!" I screamed out as the burning carried on. This feeling carried on for hours on end not stopping but instead traveling around my body. When I felt like the pain had gone completely, I opened my eyes to blurred vision. After blinking a couple of times, my vision was clearer than it had ever been before. I sat up to quickly giving me a small head rush. I looked at my wrist and it was fine and healed. I looked around to notice I was in someone's room. I couldn't recall how I got here, the last thing I remember was being stuck in my old apartment being injected.

Oh

I'm immortal. I remember that I was being injected by Joe but anything after that is a cold blocked memory. I looked around to see a mirror. I got up too quickly for my liking and was suddenly in front of the mirror. The first thing I noticed were my eyes : my pupils were white with a small thin black outline to show the colour. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. What would I say to them? I looked at my hair and it looked better and healthier than it had ever been before. My skin had a nice glow to it and any bruises I had were gone.

I walked slowly out the door to see a staircase filled with a bright light. I blinked my eyes a couple more times for my eyes to adjust to this light. I walked down the stairs quickly but careful to not make any sound when I realized I was already down them. That was really quick for me, a little too quick. I carried on walking down a corridor to find another staircase and I repeated what I just did again. The speed of which i was going at scared me but I tried to ignore it. Walking down the last staircase, I recognized the layout and realized I was at Dylan's parents.

*Flashback*

"She's changing" Dylan said as he sat me down on the nearest sofa. I felt my body weaken as if all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with a sleepy feeling.

"What do you mean changing?" Dylan's mom asked.

"She got injected with some immortal blood and now she's transitioning" he explained. I felt my eye lids close and slowly open.

"Ah crap" a women said from out of my closing vision

"I need your help" he said.

"Let me guess, she doesn't want to be immortal" the women said coming into my vision. She looked like Dylan a little bit so I'm guessing she was his sister. 

"Well yeah" he said quickly. I closed my eyes fully before I blacked out.

"I'm sorry but I don't know how to cure it" Dylan's mom said sympathetically as my hearing went.

*Flashback over*

I carried on walking until I was in the living room. I saw Dylan's mom and dad talking to each other as if they were arguing. Dylan was right, you can hear things more clearly from far.

"She can't stay with us" she said

"When will you accept that she is not a liability to us and she is apart of this family now" he said

"I don't want to risk anything" she said

"She can't now she is one of us" he said. I knocked on the wall which startled them.

"I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you" I said feeling uncomfortable. Dylan's mom nodded to Dylan's dad before walking towards me. She grabbed my hand and held it to her.

"I know I haven't been welcoming since we met but I want to apologize and now welcome you to our crazy world" she said smiling apologetically. I smiled back reassuring her that it was okay

"Thank you" I said.

"Well then, now that is sorted your going to need to know the basics." She said letting go of my hand and leading us to the sofa.

"Where is Dylan?" I asked looking round the room as i sat down. 

"He's just gone to the council about you, he'll be back soon" Dylan's dad explained

"Oh okay" i said. I saw a giant clock on the back wall that said the time was five minutes past twelve. 

"How long have i been out?" i asked.

"Three days" She said as he sat down. Three days? i thought i was only out for a couple of hours not over a couple of days. 

"I'm guessing you have a lot of questions" Dylan's dad said. He was right, i had loads. 

"Why are my eyes white? and yours aren't?" i asked which made them laugh a little.

"What?" i asked confused why they were laughing

"That's a funny question that's all. It's a twenty-four hour thing, the thing is your still transitioning and its filtering your blood. Your eye colour just tells everyone that your immortal. Just to be careful, your going to have to stay away from the human world for a week or so for precautions" She explained

"Am i mean't to be fast?" i asked wondering about my speed down the stairs.

"Fast?" she said turning to Dylan's dad who looked just as confused. 

"Yeah" i said focusing on their reactions. They looked clueless about what i was talking about.

"That could be your power" He suggested

"My power?" i asked confused. I remember Dylan talking about his power to get into someones mind and talk to them and to be invisible but i didn't know i would have one.

"That sounds about right" she said agreeing with him.