Chapter 26:

'I wanna fall in love'

Chapter 26:

(Ella's POV)

After a lot of talk about how to conduct myself now i am immortal and what i should say and what i shouldn't say and that i have to blink at least twice every minute because it's a habit, i asked a crucial question that i nearly forgot. 

"What do i do about my family?" i asked

"What do you mean?" Dylan's mom asked not understanding my question

"I mean what do i do with them, can i still stay in contact? do i tell them?" i asked. She looked towards Dylan's Dad and looked a little disheartened on my behalf. 

"What?" i asked

"Your going to have to let them believe that you have died" Dylan's dad spoke up. 

"What?" i repeated. I can't do that to my family, granted i'm not particularly close to them but to do that is not just illegal, it's not fair for them. I didn't want this so why should my bad luck affect them? No, i won't let it.

"There's not much of a choice. What happens over the years when everyone your age grows old and your family noticed you've not aged a day?" she said speaking up.

"I'll tell them i used good anti-aging wrinkle cream" i said.

"It won't work that well" She said

"You can't ask me to that" I stated. 

"You've not got much of a choice" He said. As much as i could try and argue what they were saying, i had to admit that they were right. 

"You can stretch out the time for only so long" she noted. 

"So i can still see them? even if it's for a couple of years?" i asked like a little child begging for candy. 

"Yes" she said which made me stop arguing, i had some time to say goodbye and settle them into the idea. 

"Okay that's fine" i said agreeing to that term. We had spoken a lot about what it is like to be Immortal. You don't need food or water but you can consume them. There are set rules you need to follow and that i need to be discreet as much as possible especially when it comes to my power.  

"Any more questions?" they both asked simultaneously and when they realized, they looked at each other and smiled.

"No i think that's it, i'll defiantly ask if there is anymore." i said standing up suggesting to them i was going to leave them.

"Okay then. Help yourself to anything" He said still looking at his wife. It was quite cute actually to see them relax since i met them. 

"Thank you, for everything" i said smiling

"Thank you for making my son smile" she said before i left to go to Dylan's room. I sped up the three staircases in a second. The head rush after made me lightheaded but i know i'll get used to it. When i got in, my eye sight was focusing on the little things at extreme vision. Like the books at the opposite side of the room, i could see the light hit them and each dust particle on them. Everything was intensified like my hearing, I could hear the animals outside moving through the woods and the mud. This was a crazy experience and i wish Dylan was here to be apart of it. I saw a note in the corner of my eye and i was suddenly there picking it up. My body was moving too fast for my brain to keep up, i guess i'll have to learn to think quicker. It was Dylan

'Call me when you wake up, i'll be back ASAP, Dylan x'

I put it back down and looked outside. Another house of Dylan's with a perfect view. I looked down at my clothes and noticed that my heels must have come off at my old apartment and I looked rough. I needed to change my clothes but i didn't want to leave the house. 

1.) Because i wanted to be here when Dylan get's back

2.) My eyes wouldn't just scare me

3.) I don't trust myself yet to not expose me by running too fast

I tried to walk slowly down the stairs but it didn't go to plan and i ended up going extreme. When i got downstairs, I saw Dylan's mom in the lounge with a folder open and a pen by herself. 

"Um, Mrs O'brien?" i asked trying not to disturb her

"Please call me Lisa" she said looking up from her work. I didn't know how to pop my question but i remember having another question that i wasn't openly going to talk about in front of Dylan's dad.

"Lisa, i have another question i couldn't really ask in front of ... um ... him" i said as she closed her folder. I sat down back where i was sat before and knotted my hands together. 

"Would i still get my period?" i asked 

"No, I don't know the why's and how's myself and you can still conceive a child but you don't get them." she said which reassured me, I was happy about that side of the deal. 

"That's good, i guess" I said. She looked me up and down and smiled.

"Would you like some different clothes to change into?" she asked to my relief

"Are you sure?" I asked to be polite un-knotting my hands

"I'm very sure, your barefoot and clothes look like they need a wash and your body needs to breath" she said standing up. I stood up and then followed her to up two staircases trying to walk slowly which worked as she walked us both into a walk-in-wardrobe full of clothes that go through time. 

"Are you a dress or trouser type of woman?" she asked looking through the clothes as i stood gorming at all the different looks of materials and style.

"Both" I said mesmerized at the puffy Georgian dresses. 

"I'll guess you wear dresses more" she said picking out a dress. She picked out a long sleeved black tight body fitting pencil dress which stopped above my knee, the label telling me it was Chanel. The material let my skin breath and felt like i was wearing a cloud. It has an open back but fitted me perfectly and didn't sag around the shoulders. It was a high neckline but leaving my pendent on made it look simply beautiful. 

"Here you'll need these to go with the outfit" she said handing me some louboutin heels. I stared at them in shock knowing that i was holding designer shoes.

"In this family, the women either dress to impress or go into hiding." she said as i put them on. They were high but for the first time, my feet felt comfort, and it was in heels.

"There called 'so Kate patent's' I think, I got them as a present from my friend  but they didn't fit and i guessed your size. Are they okay?" she said as i was speechless. I looked in the mirror and i couldn't recognize the person i was seeing. She looked stunning. 

"I don't know what to say" I said gobsmacked. Luckily years of experience of wearing heels led up to this moment, walking in louboutin's. I walked around the room and stopped in front of her and hugged her.

"Thank you" i said