Chapter 33:

'I'd never dreamed'

Chapter 33:

(Dylan's POV)

Ella was walking up and down whilst i was watching TV but i couldn't concentrate with her heels tapping on the wooden floor. I needed to get her mind of 'The dead dreamer's' as much as possible. If she is part of their blood line then there will be problems. I decided to take the car back to my dad so i could quickly ask them about her new ancestry, killing two birds with one stone. 

"We should actually be getting going" I spoke turning off the TV.

"Where are we going?" she asked appearing in front of me before i could blink jumping me out of my skin.

"Whoa okay, I should get you a bell" I said moving past her to grab my keys from the side.

"Very funny, but I can't leave" I looked at her and she was pointing at her white eye's thinking that we were going out in public

"Lucky we're only going to my parents to give them the car back" I said walking towards the door.

"I ran away from them when i wasn't meant too. I don't think they're going to be too pleased to see me" She mentioned.

"Well they will have to suffer" I said trying to get her out the door, a simple task that was suddenly becoming very difficult.

"Okay let me just get something" she said running super speed and coming back. She had that something black in her hands and some heels on top of them.

"What is that?" i asked as she walked normally towards me.

"They're your mom's" she said walking past me and out of the door. I followed her out and locked the front door behind me. We got in my dad's car and started our to drive to my parents. Ella turned on the radio and turned the volume down so we could talk. 

"What did you do when you left?" she asked out of the blue. I turned my head to face her for a second clueless about what she was talking about.

"When did i leave?" I asked

"You know. When you one day disappeared" she replied. So she wanted to have this talk. The one where she will ask me if i met someone else in that time as well, and the why's.

"I went home." I simply stated.

"Really? you didn't go to your parents or a mate's?" she asked prying.

"Me and my folks never spoke. I only spoke to my Dad whilst we went away to sort some of his business out but i kept my distance. We were never close." I explained.

"Me and my parents aren't close but when thing's got difficult i knew i could rely on them" she said trying to understand.

But nobody could understand my parents. They know they can never resolve any issues because of what they did. It's because they don't understand what they did wrong, and they've tried to make it right but killing someone can not be undone. That's why they reacted dramatically when Ella ran away, they were trying to build it back.

"They've done things that make sure i can't rely on them. I'm not going to into that now but we were never close" I expressed trying to be as vague as possible. I could feel her staring at me trying to wrap it around her head.

"And yes i went to a mate's. I think you met him that one time at that party" I mentioned trying to change the subject.

"What was his name?" she asked

"Scott Henderson"  I said.

He's been my mate since as long as i could remember; We were practically brought up together as my dad was mates with his dad. We both had something in common, we were both immortal and born into the gene so we could both relate to situations. Two years ago, me and Ella were at this boring party when i last saw him. He was traveling around the world to find the cure but because recently the tree that started it all for our families was dying, the curse uplifted from everyone so i bet he was the happiest person on the planet.

"Yeah i remember him, wasn't he really attractive?" She said trying to tease me.

"Don't even go there" I said as she laughed at my reaction. I pulled the car in front of my parents house as she spoke.

"I wouldn't even if i wanted to" she smiled as she got out of the car. I followed her action as we got to the house. I knocked on the front door, not before locking the car as we waited for someone to answer. My dad answered the door:

"Come on in you two. I don't know why you bother knocking." he said going upstairs as Ella closed the front door behind us. She was still holding onto the shoes and the black thing but when she got upstairs, she dropped them when she saw what was going on in the living room. A white sheet covered the living room floor with a man sprawled along it pouring blood out of his body.

"Oh my god!" Ella said shocked. I wasn't shocked because i knew exactly what they were doing.

"Really? We go for a couple of hours and then it's business as usual" I said practically shouting at him. The man was becoming conscious again before mom came in with her folder evaluating the situation.

"Oh Ella. Your alright." She said walking over to Ella, putting her folder down on the table next to her before giving her a hug.

"Yeah I'm ... um ..." Ella stuttered shock at what she was witnessing.

"Don't mind him. That's just Julia's pet project she's doing" she said picking up the folder from the side. Ella picked up the things she dropped from the floor as Dad spoke up.

"Let's go into kitchen instead" Dad said guiding us all to the kitchen