Worrier

So it started off like any other year. 'Lisa where's my hat!' Hannah screams from somewhere in her house.

   'How am I supposed to know. I don't live here!' I shout back.

    Every year I'm the first person to have everything packed and ready whilst anxiously waiting for the others to get their stuff together.  Hannah runs down the stairs beet red obviously from the stress she has endured trying to find her hat. I look towards her hand and smile at the fact she actually has her suitcase zipped up and ready to go.

   'So are we actually ready?' I ask and she nods. 'Finally' I add.

   Throwing her suitcase in the back of my car Hannah rings around the other girls to make sure they're ready to be picked up. First of all we pick up Jem who is already wearing some very short shorts and top despite the biting cold weather of the British summertime. Finally I pull up to one of the biggest houses I've ever had the chance to go into. Sophie runs out with her leopard print suitcase and a cowboy hat I shrug at her fashion choices and adds her suitcase to the boot. 

   'Ready?' I ask.

   'Ready!' they shout in unison before we finally head off to the airport.

    As the taxi pulls up I look out at the villa in wonder, it's one of the biggest places I've ever seen. Usually we end up in a 1 bedroom apartment where 2 of us have to share a pull out sofa bed but this year Sophie's parents pulled out the cash for our own 5 bedroom villa as  a present for her passing her exams. The only thing my parents had ever gotten me was a well done card for passing my GCSE's 5 years ago.

    'Wow' I mouth.

    We head on into the huge spacious air conditioned living room before I quickly grab my suitcase in pursuit of the biggest bedroom well second biggest after Sophie's of course. I nod  and grin at my choice of room. I stare at the huge king-size bed with a balcony overlooking the beach and throw my suitcase on top before removing the numerous outfits I decided to cram in to such a small case. Once unpacked I put on my bikini before running downstairs to the huge pool I saw on the way in.

    'Last one is a chicken' I shout out before jumping in.

    Soon enough as I emerged I could see Hannah making a run for it and Jem following, Sophie just pulls up a sun lounger and lies down. I roll my eyes, it was it too much for her to get her hair wet. Hannah and Jem look in the direction I was staring in and realise the exact same thing I was thinking. We all splash the pool water in Sophie's direction.

   'What the hell! My hairs wet I'll have to wash the chlorine out now' Sophie shouts at us we just stare back grinning like children.

   'Yeah cause it'll probably turn your blonde dyed hair green now' Jem rubs in.

   'It's not dyed!' she cries before grabbing her towel and running back into the villa.

   'Harshly done Jem. You do realise this villa was paid for by her parents, she'll probably throw us out now and we'll end up working on the strip in a bar to pay for rent' I add.

   Jem rolls her eyes at me 'you worry too much why don't you let your hair down?'

   'Yeah Lis lighten up, maybe you'd enjoy working the poles' Hannah says laughing at my expense.

   Ok so I like to let my hair down but compared to these girls I was what you'd call the mummy of the group. Whenever Jem was throwing up I would hold her hair back or Sophie got dumped by a guy I would be there to cheer her up, oh yes I was old reliable. I've even had to help my mum back when she decided to get drunk for her 45th birthday. I wanted to have fun too and sometimes I wanted to have careless hook ups and get so drunk I couldn't remember what happened the night before but unfortunately I found that impossible.

   'Anyway girls lets grab Sophie and head to the beach, I need to see some hot bronzed guys called Antonio' Jem adds rolling the name Antonio off her tongue. 

   Me and Hannah look at each other before bursting out laughing at Jems attempt to sound Spanish, she glares at us before we all jump out of the pool .