The Reason

I couldn't help but think about the curse again. The whole day at school I was distracted. The twins kept bugging me about Harry, but good thing I managed to shut them out.

Just when things couldn't get any worse, I bumped into something. Gosh, was I clumsy. Good for me it wasn't someone I wanted to avoid.

"Ow! Dang it! Where are my glasses?", I asked, closing my eyes and searching for my glasses. But when I opened them, you wouldn't believe what I was seeing.

My vision was 20/20, again.

"What the-", I said incredulously, looking at my hands and at everything around me. I must look deranged right now.

What the heck is happening to me?

"Styles! Why aren't you on class?", Mr. Hardy asked me out of nowhere.

"Um, I have 3rd period off, sir.", I said, and he just shrugged and walked away.

---

I reached my house and hurriedly went up my room. I locked the door and went to the mirror.

Oh my gosh, I was starting to look like myself again! My vision is back to normal, the pimples were gone and my hair was beautiful again.

I gotta consult the sorceress.

From: Veronica

OMG is the curse fading already?! I'm starting to go back to normal!

I was just about to hit 'Send' when there was a knock on my window.

Wait, on my window?

Sure enough, when I checked, there, plain as day was Harry, smiling like a fool.

"Harry? What are you doing here?!", I asked, opening the window, him climbing in.

"Hi.", he said shyly, and that made me smile a little.

Snap out of it!

"Again, what are you doing here? It's like, 6:00.", I asked him, but he just pushed me, making me fall on my bed.

"What the- Wilson!", I exclaimed, struggling beneath him. And there he was, smirking at me.

He started leaning in and my eyes widened. My mind could only imagine what he was about to do.

I couldn't take it anymore. Tears fell down from my cheeks, and if my resistance didn't catch his attention, this certainly did.

"Oh my, Veronica, are you crying?", he asked, sounding genuinely worried. No matter how cute he was right now, I wanted to kick him in the balls for asking the most obvious question in the world.

"I'm so, so, sorry! I didn't mean it. I was just trying to tease you. I didn't think you'd take it seriously.", he explained and I believed him.

Or I wanted to believe him.

"It's- it's fine, Harry. What are you really doing here?", I asked, wiping my tears away. Gosh, I was such a cry baby.

"Um, well, I- I actually just wanted to see you.", he stammered, bowing down like he usually did when he was shy.

Wait, 'usually'.

"Um, Harry can I ask you something?", I said, that thought still fresh in my mind.

He looked at me, and I swear I saw worry and fear flash in his eyes.

Could he possibly have something to do with the curse?

"Do you remember that party fight I got into 2 weeks ago?", I asked, and he nodded, anxious to what I may add.

"The part where you asked if I was the one engaging fights then?"

"Yeah, what about it?", he asked, his hands a little shaky. What's wrong with him? Why was he so nervous?

"So it means you knew that I wasn't one for fights, right? It means you must have known me before to scold me like that.", I said, looking at him in every word.

His expression was mixed. He was afraid, at the same time, worried and there was a little bit of hurt there, too.

"Harry? Do you know something about this?", I asked him, and I got a feeling in my gut that he somehow does.

"Um- what are you-", he was cut off by a familiar puff of smoke again.

"What are you doing here? We kinda are in a conversation.", I told her, stating the obvious. But she wasn't focused on me, but at the boy behind me.

And to make things weirder, he was looking at her, too. Like they were saying something with their eyes.

"You can see her?", I asked Harry and he just nodded slowly.

I turned to the sorceress immediately and asked, "I thought I was the only one who can see and communicate with you?"

"I never said that, dear.", she said, looking at me this time.

"You know what, someone better give me an explanation right now or I swear I'm gonna lose it.", I said, sitting down and running my fingers through my hair.

They both sighed and sat across me. This I have to hear.

"Veronica, I- I'm still me.", Harry said, and I wanted to smack him in the head. Start making sense, human!

"What do you mean?", I asked, no pun intended.

"He meant that he never changed. His personality, his memory, his whole self, they're all the same Harry you became best friends with years ago.", the sorceress butted in.

"But how come I'm in his world? How come we switched places? How do you know all this?", I asked her, and she just bowed her head in response.

"I did it, okay?", he said, and my head jerked to meet his gaze. "I'm the reason you're suffering right now."

What?!

A/N: Yeah, WHAT?! This is really messed up. What could Harry have to do with all of this? Find out in the next chapter, y'all! Hope you're enjoying! Bye, my mangoes! :-)