How It All Happened

HARRY'S P.O.V.

After running away, I decided to just skip class. Yeah, I know. What happened to the nerdy nerd who never misses a school day? Well, I'm just not feeling it for today.

Ronnie has pushed me too far. It's kinda surreal knowing that one day you both were the best of friends, then the next day you're both just plain strangers hating on one another.

Well technically, she's the one who hates me. I still admire her. Call me stupid and weird, but it's true.

I still have a crush on the meanest girl ever to exist.

Later after I reached home, my phone rang. It was Louis, my best mate.

"Hello?", I answered the phone, trying to sound as okay as possible. "HARRY! Where have you been- wait, are you crying, mate?", he asked.

Well, so much for trying to sound okay.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine, really.", I said, wiping away my tears. I could sense Louis raising his eyebrow at me, so I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I'm not okay. But what do you expect when you're humiliated by the only girl you will ever have a crush on?", I said, my voice cracking a bit.

"Haz, I'm sorry. I didn't know. Just, just hang in there buddy. I'll come over as soon as school ends, alright?", he comforted me. I nodded, but then remembered he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, mate. Thanks.", I said, then hung up. You could tell I wasn't in the mood. Louis was my only friend in school. We've been best mates since I don't know, kindergarten maybe.

Thank goodness too that Dad wasn't here yet. I really don't want anyone questioning me at the moment. Dad wasn't always at home since he's always at work. He always comes home late at night.

I laid down on my bed, not bothering to remove my clothes. I stared at the ceiling, and it all came back.

You're a loser, Harry. Always have, always will.

You've always been weak, no wonder you can't get any girl.

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

Pathetic.

The words kept replaying over and over again. Back in middle school we would always call each other that, but every time we would it was just us being playful. It didn't mean anything.

Well now it sure did.

She used it as if it was the only word to describe me. And she did it with so much hatred.

I just can't understand why she hates me so much, why it all just disappeared. It makes me wonder if our friendship was even real.

Ever since we started our senior years, she kept avoiding me. She started going out with new friends, kept dressing up like a popular, and so on.

One night, I confronted her since I couldn't take it anymore.

"Ronnie, what's happening to you? You've changed a lot. You've been avoiding me this past couple of weeks, you've been hanging out with new friends. Wha- what's going on with you?", I asked, waving my hands up in the air.

She scoffed and replied, "Really? Harry, we're seniors now. The rules are different already. When you hang out with a nerd, it means you're one. And when you're a nerd, it results in you being at the bottom or the popular triangle."

"What are you talking about?! Who made these rules?", I asked, anger evident in my voice.

"I don't, it's just the way high school is and how it's ever been. I just don't wanna be at the bottom of the popular triangle, since all those people are losers.", she said ever so casually.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She was really throwing our friendship away.

"So let me get this straight, you'd rather be popular than be with your best friend?", I asked her the million-dollar question. And with that she shut up.

"I- I- you don't understand, Harry. I don't want to be one of the students who gets bullied by the populars. I wanna be one of the populars, too. Why can't you be happy for me?"

"Be happy?! Be happy?! So you'd rather be the bully than be bullied, right? Is that it? So you'd rather bully your loser best friend than defend him, huh?", I snapped, running my fingers through my hair.

"Who said you're my best friend?", she snapped back, and that shut me up.

Wow, really just wow.

"I can't believe you, Ronnie. You've let the popularity get to your head. I thought we promised back in middle school? What happened to that-"

"I changed, alright?! I'm not that girl anymore, Harry. I grew up. Gosh, get over it, would you?", then she slammed the door in my face.

And that's how I lost my best friend.

A/N: Aww, poor Harry. I know y'all must be crying right now. If you're not, then I am. Huhu... Well, anyway, this story needs more reads guys, so could you please help me? Just like what you did with my previous story, please do it for me here. Thank you all and message me! Bye, my mangoes! -RedstripedGirl175