Chapter Eleven.....Arts of betrayal (part two)

Sorry this came in a little late =S Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading it! ^.^

________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eleven.....Arts of betrayal (part two)

(Sakinah's P.O.V)

"Sakinah! What's been up with you lately? You've been going like this for two weeks already for god sake!" It was the end of class and both my friends eyed me worriedly as they pack their bags like everyone else.

"Yeah, it's like you are pushing everyone away. You know you can trust us, we are your friends! Let us be of some use to you even if it's just a listening ear!" Layla add up to Raudhah's point. Both of them looked at me wearily. It was obvious from their looks that they felt hopeless as a friend and the guilt was killing me inside for keeping it away from them even when they are my closest friends.

"Sorry." I could only stare at the floor, ashamed of myself. I knew if I look at their eyes- which is was so deadpan serious- I might actually lose it. People might accuse me of being 'over dramatic' but what could they expect? They don't walk on my shoes and saw what I saw. It's still surreal to me, even now. The memory from two weeks ago was still hunting my thoughts like crazy. First, there was Hassan and his unexpected change of character. The way he went violent. Than that inexplicable ghost which I'm still doubting myself until now. A thousand questions still running in my brain regarding that. Like for instance a ghost? A freaking ghost?! Here in real life?

Suddenly, I recalled the mysterious voices in my head the very morning before all those happened:

"Beware of today!"

"Watch your step, Sakinah!"

"An unexpecting enemy is coming your way!"

"You won't stand a chance!"

Could that be it? Could it have foretold my future? At first I thought and misinterpreted it as the unfortunate encounter I had with snoopy. I thought that was what it meant by 'unexpecting enemy' but I guess it was way bigger unexpected than that. Like I hadn't expected the ghost to appear one bit.

"Umm, Sakinah?"

But what was that voice? Was it..The ghost who's messing with my brains? Or was it just my conscience? It was hard to explain because it was a little different than just any conscience I had in the past. The words were like written in bold capital letters with huge exclamation marks that was hurting my brain, replaying again and again giving me a painful headache.

"Sakinah? Hello!!"

That ghost. What could she have wanted from me? She was hard enough and terrifying as a nightmare, now she literally is coming for me? What now? And Hassan. Could the ghost and Hassan be any way related? Does Hassan know of this? He is a weird reserved guy, but is he? And in my nightmare, I remembered the ghost telling me to 'stay away from him'. Could 'him' possibly be referring to Hassan.

Just then another faint memory ran on my head of another voice, but from the night before it happened, just before I was going to bed:

"Not just yet, Sakinah. Our fight has not even started. And guess what? Tomorrow marks the beginning!"

"I hope you're just as excited as I am."

"Sakinah!! God dammit, it's like she's in her own world already. Scratch that, A WHOLE NOTHER UNIVERSE! God if only we could get through her!"