Chapter Seven.....The new guy

(Sakinah's P.O.V)

Stay away...Stay away

A soft creepy whisper kept calling on to my ears but I continued to ignore it, telling myself that it was all just in my head. I was so exhausted so I let myself drift back to my beautiful sleep.

STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!

The voice roared along with one hard vibration of the room as one huge invincible force choked me hard on my neck, sending me violently up from my sleep, in a state of shock.

I felt my breathing went hard.

What had just happened? I asked myself.

I looked closely at my surroundings. I was still in my room, above my queen-sized bed. It was dark outside, signaling Night; 12.10 A.M as the clock reads off.

I heave a sigh of relief.

Just another weird nightmare!

I touched my neck, it felt as though the choke was real; the pain was still apparent. My heart was pounding, still recovering from the shock

No,no..it can't be. I'm just imagining things on a deeper level. My body was sweating profusely. I switched on the standing fan on my right at the speed of three. My sweat was slowly cooling down.

Inexplicable occurrence have been happening to me lately. I kept sensing that something is observing and monitoring my every move. It was a weird incomprehensible type of feeling; I honestly felt it there, but the reality was that there was truly no one there besides me to begin with. Yesterday, I was combing my hair whilst looking at myself in the mirror. All of a sudden, I caught sight of a girl with long black hair and white long dress standing there behind me. It was only for a brief second, and gone the next. It freaked me out but I'm still a firm disbeliever of ghost so I shrugged it away.

I heard a hissing sound.

What was that?

I shot back up from underneath my covers, alerted by the sound. I searched for the source of it.

Oh. It was just a small dark-green coloured gecko hanging above the ceiling.

What was wrong with me? I was transforming into some paranoid person, and I detest every minute of it. Besides, who am I kidding. A ghost? Yeah right, can't believe I even give to such a thought!

The door of my room glided front and back slowly in an intimidating way.

Pfft, probably just the wind.

I was about to settle at just that conclusion and go back to sleep when my eyes suddenly caught sight of the closed window.

No way!

I shot back up from my covers again, getting all panicky. My eyes searched the room for any possible source of where that wind might have came from; nothing! I stare at the still moving door as it suddenly gave a loud banging sound and shuts itself. I jumped.

I was lonely in my considerably huge dark room in the middle of the night with weird occurrence going on; I definitely did not feel comfortable. The same gecko hissed again, adding the tension to my body.

With trembling hands, I forced myself back to sleep. I closed my eyes shut, refusing to reopen it again unless the break of dawn arrives by tomorrow. I snuggled in my blanket for comfort, and once again fell back to sleep.

***

Where am I?

All I saw was darkness everywhere; there was not an inch of light that could be seen. At this rate, it would not be much of a difference if I just closed my eyes.Everything was quiet. A little too quiet for my comfort. Not even the sound of wind could be heard.