Chapter Four.....Made fun of

     I slept walked my way to the bathroom to do my business in the middle of the night; who knows exactly what time it was. When I was done, I finally washed my face.

     "Aaaaaaah!" I shouted to the top of my lungs.

     Soon, my worried mum and some of my other siblings-Hakim and Aishah to be more specific- came to my rescue and the lights to the bathroom were finally switched on. They were still rubbing their sleepy eyes, grumpy that they were awakened violently to the sound of someone's ear piercing shout. My shout.

     "What's wrong?"

     What happened was I went to the bathroom, dragging my sleepy body there without bothering to switch on any of the lights. So when I washed my face and as my sleepy eyes were finally awaken to the reality of this earth, I shouted to the pitch black of all that stood before me. How I even managed to get to the bathroom safely without problem with the lights out was far beyond me. In fact, I had walked around the house without even one of the house's lights on.

     Last night was horrible. I was not able to sleep again to that idiot Jerk’s loud singing and his friends’ music. I flinched at the unpleasant memory as last night's flashback ran through my mind.

          This ain't a song for the brokenhearted

          No silent prayer for the faith departed

          And I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd

          You're gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud

          It's my life

          It's now or never

          I ain't gonna live forever

          I just wanna live while I'm alive

          (It's my life)

          My heart is like an open highway

          Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"

          I just wanna live while I'm alive

          'Cause it's my life

     I rolled around in bed as I struggle to sleep or at least force my way there. No use. I had tried everything: cover my ears and head with the pillow, move around everywhere to find the perfect spot that was comfortable enough  for me; wicked scene if you see how my body keeps moving around in awkward positions just to find that one perfect spot, just so you know. 

     In the end, I got fed up and opened my room's window and shouted to the top of my lungs in frustration. "Shut the hell up Jerk, I want to get some sleep for once!"

     Guess what happened next? The music and singing got louder! Jerk was purposely trying to annoy me. What was worse was that the mosquitoes coming back yet again at the worst moments like last time.

     Do the math, my sleep got ruined.

     (Back to reality) My mum calmed me down from my earlier shock of the pitch black house. She looked at the time, it was almost five AM anyways, so she told me to go ahead and take my shower for the day. "The same goes to the rest of you..." My mum was bringing Hakim and Aishah away from the scene with her shoulders pushing them away. I just plainly nodded and closed the bathroom's door.