ch.1

Kevin's p.o.v:

As Josh and I sat on the couch, I started to feel sick. I was dizzy, and I stood up. I started to walk upstairs, but my sister ran into me. We both felt something bad, and we had to figure out a way to get rid of it. Amber went to spend the night with Toby. 

Rose's p.o.v: I go downstairs, and Josh asleep. I turn off the tv and cover him up. I sit on the other couch, and continue to read. I was on the last chapter, and I had to find out how it ended 

*1/2 hour later*
I get up." Who knew the girl next door did the crime." I set the book down and walk to the kitchen. As I grab a cup, the window to my right shatters. I drop the glass, causing more glass to go everywhere. Despite glass shards everywhere, I go to the living room to see Josh on the floor. He was looking up, and I followed his gaze. A women stood there. She had dark purple hair. The dagger looked like it was bleeding. Not blood, but a blue substance. She threw a dagger at me, and before I could dodge it, I was pushed out of the way.Mari was hit with the dagger. 

She pulled it out of her shoulder , and yelled " Take them upstairs Kevin. I'll deal with her."  Kevin, Josh and I all go upstairs. I hear screeching coming from downstairs. We hide out in the library. It stops, and Kevin goes out to look. I hold Josh as he starts crying. Kevin comes back in, and takes my place. I get up and walk down the hall. As I head to go downstairs, there is blue on the stairs. 

I get downstairs, and it's even more messy. Blue and glass was all over the place. Mari was sitting on the floor, bandaging herself up. I quickly went over to her. She pointed to a bottle of pills, and I hand them to her. She takes them, and she seems to look a little better. Her shirt was torn and had many knife wounds. As I went to life up her shirt to look more, she held her shirt down." Mari, can I see the wounds?" She shook her head. Why wasn't she talking? I look at her neck, and get my answer. Across her neck was a scar. How was it a scar if it just happened. I tilted her neck up a little, and she hissed in pain. The wound was already healing on the outside. The scar went across her voice box.I lifted up her shirt, and saw the other scars already healing. I put her shirt down, and Kevin comes down. 

" Yeah that's how her body works. Mines the same way, but it's slower. The more your body uses it, the faster it is the next time. The only way her body would slow down is if whoever was attacking her was using a special weapon." " Do you know what that weapon is?" Mari shakes her head 'no'slowly.  " So, how did she get this ability?" Kevin looks at Mari, and Mari nods. He sighs and tells me how." In the real world, where you live, she was murdered. It was so traumatizing, her spirit wouldn't stay in limbo. See, when we left for the human world, her and I were born as regular people. We grew up as twins. One day, our 'Father' there took my sister out for fishing. That night, he returned without her. 'Mother' never questioned it. I went out looking for her, and I found the pond. 

" I dived in, and saw her at the bottom of the ocean. Her body was there, but also her spirit. I pulled her spirit out of the water, and she was back to the age she was when we lived in Pandora. We walked through the woods, until we found an old house. She fixed it up, and that's how we lived for the rest of our life until, you know." His eyes were full of tears, and Mari held out her arms. He fell into them, and started crying. It was so sad, I was on the verge of tears. He soon fell asleep, and she kept messing with his hair.

She woke him up, and we all went to bed. I lay down, and Mari lays far away. I scoot next to her, and she puts her arm on my waist. She kisses my cheek, and the last thing I hear is a very quite" I love you." Once she is asleep, I walk over to the corner of the room. I sit in the chair, and stay awake. I didn't want Mari to wake up and no one be there. It was going to be a long night.