Part 11 - The Dance

Cory's POV

"No more for me, thanks," I say, covering my glass when James tries to add more wine. My head is slightly buzzed, and I feel pleasant but still level headed.

"Okay," James says, looking around a bit. "Perhaps we should put on some music?" He grabs his phone. "May I?"

"Of course," I say, pointing out the Bluetooth sound system. He selects a song from his playlist, and the first soft chords of Bell Bottom Blues by Derek and the Dominoes start to play. I raise an eyebrow at him, and he shrugs. "I like Eric Clapton," is all he says.

He steps toward me and holds out his hand. "May I have this dance," he asks, his brow furrowed slightly as if I may say no.

"Yes," I say softly as I take his hand.

He takes me in to a close embrace, slowing swaying with me in his arms. I have to admit that I love Eric Clapton, too, and that I'm singing along with the chorus in my head.

Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.
Give me one more day, please.
I don't want to fade away.
In your heart I want to stay.

I look into his eyes, and I can't help myself. Maybe it's the wine...maybe it's the music. All I know is something in the part of my mind that usually tells me to behave says, "Fuck it."

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in for a passionate kiss. I must have caught him by surprise because he pulls back and raises his eyebrows at me. Our eyes lock, then I hear a growl from deep in his chest before he's kissing me just as passionately as I did him.

I break the kiss, leaving us both breathless, then I push his chest gently. He looks confused by my actions until he realizes I'm trying to get him to walk backwards with me. His calves hit the edge of the sofa, and I push him down to sit.

James' POV

I don't know what's going on, but I like where it's going so far. Cory is standing over me as I'm seated on the sofa, and she has a look in her eyes that's entirely too carnal. She licks her lips unconsciously before lifting her dress high on her thighs to straddle me. Oh, and what a dress it is. It accentuates all her curves, and the best part of the entire ensemble is the black stockings and stilettos. I don't know why, but this combination does something to me.

She leans in and kisses me again, this time nibbling and sucking on my bottom lip. I can't control another growl, and I slide my tongue into her mouth to dance with hers. She tastes of wine, and I remember my earlier plan.

"Cory," I say, stopping her as she starts kissing down my jaw toward my neck.

"Are you sure about this? I mean, I don't want you to make any rash decisions, especially if you've had a bit too much wine," I say. Yes, I know what my plans were, but now that this is happening, I want it to be what we both desire.

Cory smiles at me. "Yes, I am sure, and, no, I am not drunk," she says, then she pouts a bit. "Unless this isn't what you want..."

I grab her hips to keep her from getting up, then I flip her on her back with me on top of her on the sofa. Before she has a chance to react, I grind into her with my hips so she can feel my erection. "Does it seem like I don't want this?" I whisper before sucking on her earlobe. Her breath catches before she grinds against me in the same manner. My excitement grows as I kiss her cheek then neck.

"How about if we take this to your bedroom, Love?" I say. She takes my face in her hands then smiles. "I think that's the best plan you've had all night," she says.

I blush at her use of the word plan, and I let her lead the way up the stairs to what I can only assume is heaven.