:: Chapter Twenty Six ::

Kid, Killer and Malice found themselves at a table with Shanks, his first mate and sniper while the rest of the Kid Pirates sat at a nearby table enjoying themselves on endless food and booze. The tension between the two captains was absolutely suffocating.

                “So, little Red, how did you come to join up with these guys?” The first mate of the Red Hair Pirates, Benn Beckman, attempted to break the uncomfortable silence.

                Titan paled suddenly at the next table over upon hearing what the first mate had asked, “I think I just lost my appetite.”

                Killer chuckled softly beside Malice, “It was a pretty horrific display.” He teased the cryptic young woman receiving curious glances from the Red Hair crew.

                “Shut it.” Malice hissed at the first mate before swiveling around in her chair to glare at Titan, “And I don’t want to hear another word out of your mouth, dimwit!”

                “What happened?” The sniper with the long blonde dreadlocks piped in.

                Titan squeezed in on the bench between Malice and Killer causing the first mate to chuckle and Malice to shoot him a deadly glare. “Well, it was really cool, but also disgusting all at once.” He began excitedly.

                “Do you want to be disemboweled?” Malice hissed at the ginger.

                “Hold on a minute, love, I’m tellin a story.” He pat her on the head dismissively causing Killer to laugh.

                Kid and Shanks threw the man with the cockney accent a glare.

                “We’d just sprung up on some pitiful excuses for pirates and hopped aboard. They didn’t last long in the fight so we wrangled ‘em all up. This one.” Titan pat Malice on the head again, “Was all bandaged and bloody and had this wicked looking bone sticking out her hand-.”

                “Titan.” Malice hissed warningly.

                “Wait, why were you injured?” Shanks asked worried before shooting a glare at Kid thinking he’d injured her in the battle.

                “Hey, yeah, you didn’t tell us what happened.” Titan noted as he turned to the quiet girl curiously. “Why were your eyes sewn shut?”

                Malice sighed, “A bomb with shrapnel in it went off in my face.” She shrugged.

                “Eh?!”

                Malice rolled her eyes, “In their defense I did kill quite a few of them before they got smart and used a bomb.”

                Kid chuckled softly.

                “Eh, captain!? That’s not funny!” Titan scolded.

                “I’m sure that didn’t stop you for long.” Kid smirked, “You fight better when you’re blind.” He noted before shutting his mouth as he realized he’d just complimented her in front of everyone.

                Malice blushed lightly and looked away, “I’m used to fighting in the dark.”

                Shanks grimaced; he could only imagine the type of life she’d lived. It sounded dark, twisted and completely devoid of love.