:: Chapter Fourteen ::

He was sick, he knew he was sick, and he knew the only thing that would subdue his sickness for a small amount of time was that feisty little red head. Her small supple body was exactly what he ailed for. Only a trusted few of his subordinates knew about his ‘sickness’ they’d find him various young playthings, but they never lasted long, they broke too easily and had to be put down. She was off limits, she was for the patrons, but one night, just one night wouldn’t damage her too much.

The handlers tranquilized the girl and brought her to his quarters late in the night. Though she’d been given two tranquilizers she was still pretty lively. She kicked, hit and bit at her handlers, though her movements were slow and sluggish and didn’t do any damage. It pleased him to know she was a fighter.

Disco approached the struggling girl with a wicked gleam in his cold eyes, “It’s alright if you want to cry.” He chuckled as he reached out to caress her slightly bruised cheek.

“Like hell, bastard!” She hissed.

“Such a foul mouth for a child.” He chuckled as he caught a strand of her long crimson hair in his hand and lifted it to his face breathing in her sweet innocent aroma.

“If you touch me, I want you to know, I’ll kill you. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow, hell it may not be any time this year, but one day I will hunt you down and I’ll make you regret ever living this wretched life.” Her eyes burned like hellfire as she glared up at him in her semi-drowsy state.

“You’ll be a fun one.” Disco smiled wickedly, “Maybe I’ll buy you for myself.”

“I think she’s going to be sick.” Killer’s voice snapped her from her haunting memories.

Malice blinked a few times to orient herself to her surroundings. Though she was on her feet, she wasn’t supporting any of her body weight and was uselessly dangling in Kid’s strong embrace. She lightly shoved out of his arms and took a teetering step back. He reached out to steady her as she swayed on her feet.

“I’m going to sit outside.” She mumbled as a chill ran down her spine as she remembered the vile feel of his touch and the rank smell of cheap liquor on his breath.

“Malice?” Killer reached out for the girl in concern as her body trembled slightly.

“Why did we have to come here?” She hissed angrily as she shoved away from the captain and first mate and stormed out the front door without another word. “You picked one hell of a time to have a meltdown, you basket case.” She mumbled to herself as she collapsed onto the steps and put her head in her hands slumping forward in an attempt to ease the nauseous feeling.

Her attention was drawn away as she spotted a group of people arguing with some of the handlers at the side entrance. She recognized a few of them from wanted posters, part of the Straw Hat Crew, the one whose captain had the closest bounty to Kid’s. They seemed to be trying to get someone out of the auction. Had one of their friends been captured by slavers? Another wave of nausea claimed her and her entire body began to feel overheated. Quickly she tore off the beanie Kid had insisted she wear and let her long ebony hair spill down around her delicate frame in tangled waves. It felt a little better but not enough to completely rid her of her nausea.

Nonchalantly she wormed her fingers through her hair working the tangles while massaging her scalp hoping the massage would make her feel better. The Straw Hat Crew drew nearer and she caught a snippet of what the pretty orange haired girl had said. Something about buying their friend back no matter the cost. She flitted away before they could take notice of her and she watched them march into the auction house in determination.

After a few more minutes the front doors opened once more and Kid stepped out. His feral orange eyes locked on her immediately as if he could sense her presence, even while hidden. “I realize I don’t know very much about you, girl.” He stated arrogantly as he made his way toward her, “But I can hardly take the blame for my lack of knowledge when it is you who fails to provide any information.”

Malice held her hand up to stop him from ranting any further, “The last time I was here, it was me on that stage being auctioned off.” She said quietly.

Kid’s gaze softened, “Why didn’t you say something sooner?”

“I didn’t want to appear weak.” She shrugged.

“I find your display in there,” He jerked his thumb in the direction of the auction house, “much weaker than had you come forward ahead of time and told me it was something that made you uncomfortable.”

Malice bit her lip to keep from snapping at him, “I would have been perfectly fine. I didn’t expect that man to still be running the place.” An involuntary shiver ran down her spine. “Before we leave here, I’m taking his life, and if you try to stop me or get in my way, you’ll go down with him.” She shot angrily.

Kid looked ready to tell her off for having the gall to threaten him, but composed himself. “There’s more to the story, you’re not telling me.”

“That’s all you need to know.” Malice said dryly and attempted to side step him and return to the auction house.

A strong hand lashed out lightning fast and gripped her wrist halting her from going any further, “No more dodging questions, no more secrecy, start talking.” Kid growled as he tightened his grip on her wrist.

Malice hesitated, “Not now.” She held her hand up to halt him from barking at her, “When we leave this island, I promise I’ll answer whatever questions you have to the best of my ability. Just not here, not now.” Her voice was almost pleading.

“I’m holding you to it.” Kid sighed as he eased his grip on her wrist, but didn’t fully release her from his hold. “Why aren’t you wearing the beanie?” He asked in annoyance.

“It was too hot.” Malice glared, “Why the hell do you want me to wear the damn thing, it’s ugly as hell.”

“I told you it was for your protection.” Kid barked.

“Why do I need it when you’re right here?!” Malice snapped without thinking and quickly covered her mouth as the realization of what she’d just said hit her. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment and she silently prayed to whatever possible entity she could think of that Kid had somehow misheard what she’d said. Why would she say that? She didn’t need protection, that’s what she’d meant to say, she could take care of herself!

Kid’s cheeks reddened and she felt her heart race in her chest and her stomach attempt somersaults, he’d heard her.

“Don’t get the wrong idea.” She covered quickly.  “I only mean that you’re a bigger target.” Her face was now as red as his hair.

Kid smirked.

“Get over yourself.” Malice snapped haughtily and quickly stormed away from him and back into the auction house. Her face felt like it was on fire! Kid followed after her with a triumphant smirk plastered on his face.

“Malice, are you okay?” Killer panicked upon her return, “You’re face is all re-.”

“Shut up, I’m fine.” She growled angrily as she shot a glare at the still smirking Kid.

“Did something happen?” Killer chuckled as he looked between the pair.

“No-.”

“She finally admitted she’s a helpless damsel in distress and needs our hel-.” Malice punched him in the stomach as hard as she could and glared as Kid just laughed it off as if she were a mere fly buzzing about. “Careful, you might hurt yourself.” He chuckled.

“Remember that man I disemboweled?” She hissed, “Keep it up and you’ll be joining him.”

Killer chuckled at this, “Glad someone’s back to normal.”