Chapter 43: Needed Me

Congratulations  to Brionnabest and Kay_leo the winners for the quiz... there will be another chance to play today... that means another chapter to upload... stay tuned.

Previously From Chapter 42:

"Don't let her get away" she says to my back as I head to the door. "What" "I mean Eve, don't let her get away, I saw the way she was giving you her mad stare. I haven't seen you lol at any female the way you do when you look at Eve. Even when you met Kiona and y'all had Anila. I've never seen you with any girl like you are with Eve. She's special I know niggas watch her everyday, and hound my ass just to get to know here. You better hold on to her" she says I just nod my head and head out the door. I not trying to hear about kid with no other nigga but me. And as far as keeping her is concerned, her ass not going nowhere."

Chapter 43: Needed Me

Eve's POV

Everything fell into a blurry haze, cascading through a forgetful fog. Everybody seemed to be in their own routine. Like nothing happened. Like they didn't just kill a man and dumped him body somewhere. Bridesmaids hurrying to get ready, tossing make up and hair and shoes around the room. Excitement fills the air but I can't help feeling like this is the end. This sinking feeling on the inside of my stomach won't waiver, its constant presence is making the fear I have surface. La especially has been acting out of the ordinary. Maybe it's because she's getting married but she's just out of line. Cursing and throwing things around the room demanding that everyone whispers because she has a headache. I know planning a wedding is stressful but the way she is going about it is starting to piss everybody off, including me. I wouldn't be lying when I say that the minute she and Bonez say "I do" everybody will be glad to get rid of this bridezilla.

Everybody is running around crazy and Im just sitting quiet in my corner. I need time to think, think about my future with Jaydon and if sticking this thing out with him is worth it. There's one thing that continues to haunt me about opening my heart to Jaydon, and its his lifestyle. The drugs, the money, the women, the police and the bodies that are adding up, serve as a constant reminder of why I shouldn't let my heart lead my actions. I'll only get hurt in the end, and I know this, my heart knows this. So why can't I just leave? What is it about him that makes me stay? is it love or stupidity? My minds goes to Anila, I have already established a connection with her, If I leave Jaydon, I'll be leaving her too. Thats no use if I continue my relationship with his daughter that will only give him an open door to come through. And the close circle I have are connected with Jaydon's life too. His friends became something I've never had, a family. Everything comes down to this, if I want respect and a commited relationship from Jaydon then I will have to respect myself enough to want something better, something solid. All we seem to do is fight and I do know that isnt healthy. Love is not suppose to be like this. So who do I chose him or me? I'll lose something either way.

As the brides maids continue getting ready I continue to think, thats the only place Mike isn't allowed to go. Since Jaydon put his life on the line, he's been watching me like a hawk, I can't even go to the bathroom without him coming into the bathroom and waiting outside the stall for me. He didn't seem to notice the other women coming in and out the bathroom, giving him looks of confusion when they saw him. Thats another thing that I can't stand, Jaydon treating me like im a child. Anila gets more freedom than me. I get told to take naps "Lay down" and get stuck with a babysitter when he can't "control" me, and Im so tired of it. I am a grown woman and its time he started treating me like one. Another thing that scares me, the wedding planner can't seem to find Anthony Nolan anywhere and no one say anything about his disapperance, other than the wedding planner and Tez and Mello are actually out "looking" for him now. The scary thing is no one has asked questions. Its like they share a mutal undertstanding "Don't ask questions". I don't know if I can fit into this world. A world where people go missing and everyone turns a blind eye. How I see it, if Jaydon wasn't involved in this sort of life, no one would have the power to put him away for life in the first place.