Chapter Eighteen: Downtown

Previously From Chapter 17:

“You trust me” he asks as he gets up off the couch and takes off his shoes and slide down his TRU’s. “With everything” I say meaning it. “Then just say yes Kid” he says picking me up and laying me on his chest. I rub his chest as I just enjoy being in his arms and being with him. “Yes” I say as he rubs my back and wraps the blanket on the back of the couch around me. “Good then because you was going if you agreed or not” he says rubbing my thigh. We stay like this all night as I drift off to sleep as he holds me close. Nothing can break this bond.

Chapter 18: Downtown

Jaydon’s POV

“Shit” I say when Eve smacks me upside my head again.  I try to wake her so we can up stairs, I cant take sleeping on the couch with her ass sleeping wild. “Kid” I say lightly shaking her thigh, but just like I thought her ass dont hear me. I know she’s not going to wake up any time soon, so I slip from under her as I stand on my feet to wake her up. “Kid, come on” I say trying to wake her up by shaking her arm. I swear I think her ass do this shit on purpose just so I can carry her.  Grabbing her waist I pick her up in my arms and carry her to the stairs, shit she might look light but Kid heavy ass fuck I say as I walk up the stairs with her in my arms.

As I lay her in the bed I just stare at her,  I cant shake this shit anymore she got a nigga falling deep, I mean this shit would be so easy if I could shake this shit off, but I cant ignore it. I love her I admit to myself as I cover her up. Right now this shit couldn’t have come at a worse time, right now this shit with Swippa is heavy, bodies turning up left and right on both sides and I have a lot of shit on my shoulders, and I have to keep everybody safe ,falling in love aint going to do nothing but make Eve a target, and she don’t deserve that kind of life, or the kind of nigga I am I come with too much shit, no female could handle my life, not even Kid.

I walk downstairs when I hear my phone ringing. “Yea’ I say into the receiver when I answer. “Boss” Tez says back, these early ass phone calls are starting to become a ritual with us, some shit always happening when  I’m away from my team “You found her” I say hoping he did. “Yea, but you gotta come to the trap” he says not telling me what happened, I hate that shit. “She alive” I ask him immediately. “Yea boss, I cant speak this shit over the phone, she fucked up Jay” he says with worry in his voice. “Yea, keep her there aite,” I say locking off and throwing my phone across the living room table. For the past three weeks I been looking for Kiona. At first I thought her ass was somewhere fucking off with some nigga, but when Ms. Pattie called me and told me she aint seen her in two weeks I knew she wasn’t hiding with some nigga to piss me off. This shit with Swippa out of control and that nigga coming for my family so I had to keep  Anila and Kaydon with Ms. Pattie, because I know they will safe, shit I even had a nigga that was outside the house to look after Kid, shit even when I’m not at the house I make sure she safe even when her ass don’t know. Even though me and Kiona been through our shit, we still bonded for the rest of lives because she brought my seed into this world and for that I’ma always take care of her. Deep down I knew that if Swippa ass is bold enough to take my baby mother, then that means his ass is bold enough to take Kid, but I’ll kill him before that shit happens. I walk back up to the room and throw on some basketball shorts and a shirt and throw on some Js on my way downstairs.

When I get downstairs I grab my burner from the pants I had on last night and tuck it  behind my back in the waistband of my shorts .When I hear a thump from outside I quickly pull it from its hiding place as I walk to the front door to protect what’s mines  and unlock the door so I get that nigga head on. I know for a fact nobody else should be coming through my door at 6:00 am in the morning so I know it’s a another nigga trying to take me out , motherfucka picked the wrong day for that shit I think to myself as the door opens slowly  and I prepare myself and put my finger on the trigger.