Meeting Your Maker

Bam POV

I wake up the next morning replaying last night but the bed was empty. I jump to see if she was in the room, she wasn't. I pick up my glasses to feel a piece of paper with my name on it. I could see it was her handwriting. I open it up to see a letter written to me:

Dear Bam,

When I first met you, I was a completely different person. I was scared of everyone and everything. You changed that in me. You helped me get better. I feel better knowing I had met a man that didn't want to hurt me. Someone who didn't just want me for sex. You also gave me a family. I got the family I always wanted. You also gave me a baby. I'm having a baby. I will tell Chris it was his, so nothing happens to the child. In my heart, it will always be yours. My heart will remain with you forever, it is yours. Don't come after me. Let me take away the problems I have caused you and your family. I want to make sure they are safe. I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for showing me true love.

Love,

Eleanor and your unborn child

I started crying, thinking that I had failed my wife. To think she had to give herself up to save me. I needed to find her. I get dressed and run outside to tell the rest of the family. The boys all grabbed their guns as they kissed their wives and children goodbye. We are going to end this once and for all. Dad, mom, and Rainy stayed behind with everyone else to keep Browntown protected. Matt and Bear make their way behind the town. Blaine and Noah were headed to the creek. Gabe and I head up the mountain. There are caves up there that could be used for a shelter.

Bam POV

Gabe and I make our way up the mountain. We check every cave as we come across one with a fire pit. I could see blood on the floor. It made me sick to think that he might had hurt her or our baby. I turn back to look at the fire, Gabe picked up a piece of wood to say "It's still a little warm, whoever was here hadn't been gone long." We walk further up the mountain.

Chris POV

I take Eleanor to the top of the mountain closet to the sea. I wanted Bam to find me. I had to finish him off. The final part of my plan is about to play out. He was going to pay for touching my wife.

Bam POV

I couldn't see anything. I send out three shots to bring everyone to the top of the mountain. We were going to search every square inch to find her. She was a part of this family and we were going to bring her back. I took all the boys an hour to make it up the mountain. We banned out and we decide to search until nightfall then we would create a makeshift camp where ever we had ended up.

The boys spilt up as they took different directions. They traveled for days searching every inch. Then Bam could see a fire on the next mountain over. He looked through his scope and saw the last thing he wanted to see. Chris was taking advantaged of his wife. He could see Chris on top of her. It had started getting dark as he made up a camp. He wanted to have all of my strength. He fell asleep knowing she was within his reach.

Bam POV

I wake up the next morning to see both were still asleep through the scope. I walk most of the morning and afternoon until I reached the campsite. He was hitting my wife. "How could you love a man that is not your husband. You are carrying his child." He started kicking her stomach and I stepped out from the tree line. "Step away from my wife." He grabbed her by her hair as I stepped forward with my rifle. He pointed his gun at her temple as he backed up. I follow him to the edge of the mountain that fell into the ocean. "I wished I could take you down like a sick animal." "You can try but then you might hit her in the process. You take one step forward and she is going down with me." I could see the worry in her eyes. She tried to look for a way out but couldn't find one.

Eleanor POV

Why did he have to come? I told him not to come looking for me. I could feel the cold metal of the gun against my head. Bam stepped forward one step "I said not to take one step!" "Please don't shoot me." "Shut up you whore." Chris took a step backwards and I could feel rock coming out from my shoes. Out of nowhere, Gabe steps out of the tree line. He shot Chris in the leg as he let go of me and I fell to the ground. "Take cover baby." I lay my lead to the cold rock as I hear a gun shot. Then someone grabbed my ankle and pulled me to the edge of the mountain. Chris was hanging from my feet. "Till death do us part. You will always be my wife." Bam takes my hand as I try to kick him away with my feet. Gabe comes over to help but we are pulled further as Bam slips with me. I finally kick Chris off of my legs to see him fall to his death. His back fell on a rock as I knew he was dead. I think I heard it crack as it hit the rock. Gabe pulled Bam up as Bam pulled me up. He took me in his arms.

Bam POV

She was finally in my arms again. I never wanted to let her go. I knew she was crying as I could feel tears on my neck. "It is finally over. I promise." I let her down to look in her beautiful eyes. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" "Nothing I couldn't handle. Maybe a few new bruises but other than that nothing." "I just hope the baby is still okay." "It should be fine. I'm just really tired and want something to eat." "Let's get you home." Gabe sends out four shots to send all of the boys home. We were the last to arrive as she was asleep in my arms. I carry her to our cabin as I laid her on the bed. I knew she needed to eat for the baby but I didn't want to wake her. "Babe, were home." She started to stir as I waited her to wake up. She finally opened her eyes to look at me. "You need to eat something; you're eating for two now." She giggled. "I would like some of your scrambled eggs."

Eleanor POV

He kissed my forehead as he went to the chicken coop to get fresh eggs. While he was cooking the eggs, I wanted to take a shower. I take my shower and make my way back to our home. He was sitting on the bed waiting for me to get back. "Thank you" She clean her entire plate as laid she back on our pillows. "I don't want to sleep without you by my side." "I'm going to go take a shower and then we will go to bed."

Bam POV

I walk quickly to take a shower. I took a quick shower as I went back to the cabin. She was trying her hardest not to fall asleep. I crawl into bed with her as we fell asleep knowing that nothing could break us apart. I pull her close to me as I put my arm around her waist to rest my hand on her belly.