A New Miracle

Grace and Gabe had gotten to know each other really well as she lived on the property with the family. She had moved into the guest room of Noah and Lacy's cabin. She was helping them prepare for the baby. Grace had gone to medical school and had become a general surgeon. She had worked in a hospital as the chief of surgery after her first year out of school. Her father was on the board at the hospital. Her father had been married five times. All of the women wanted her father's money. Grace's mother had died at her sixth birthday party. Her father was never around as Grace had to take care of herself. She wanted to see her best friend. Lacy and Grace had been friends since junior high.

After Lacy had moved off to Alaska, Grace was still in the middle of medical school and she wanted to finish her degree. She graduated in December and left for Alaska the next year needing to see her best friend. Her father wasn't at her graduation, as he was called into an emergency surgery. It was a beautiful morning on the Brown's land and Noah was knocking hard on my door. I open the door to Noah looking scared "I think Lacy is in labor. She has been having sudden burst of pain for the last couple of hours." "How far apart are the contractions?" "Every 45 minutes." I was lead into the couple's room as Lacy was laying on the bed. She had sweat coming down her face and she was trying to breathe. I could tell Lacy was scared to death for her and the baby. The first time I had ever delivered a baby was a week after I had gotten here. Amelia had gone into labor during a middle of a blizzard.

Matt and Amelia had a baby girl, Isabella Ami Brown. Amelia was in labor for 36 hours straight. The baby was born December 31st at 3 a.m.

Noah was sitting next Lacy as she was having another contraction. I told him I would stay with her as he went to tell the rest of the family. Noah kissed her forehead as he stood up to leave the cabin. I took Noah place as she looked up at me "I want you to be the baby's godmother, are you interested?" "Of course, I would love that! I was going to be an auntie anyway." Lacy softly laughed as she closed her eyes to rest.

Gabe POV

Grace and I had been on a few dates since she has been here. I knew she was everything I wanted in a woman. I was trying to gain the courage to propose. I heard Noah coming down the path saying Lacy was in labor. It made me want to have children with Grace someday, several hopefully. Matt and Amelia were cooing over their daughter in the main house with mom and dad. Bam and Bear were working on each of their homes. Snowbird had met someone in town that worked for Paul. They had met on a hauling job a few days ago. Rainy was just happy to have more girls in Browntown. The family had gathered in Noah home as I saw Grace. Grace was getting everything prepared as the contraction were coming closer together. We sat as we waited for any news, I could hear the pain in Lacy's voice as she yelled and screamed. Grace looked as if she needed a break. As it became night, Grace yelled for Lacy to push.

Grace POV

I was yelling for Lacy to push. She had to get the baby out now. She was scared and didn't want to push. "You have to start pushing or it will hurt the baby. The baby could die inside of you if you don't start pushing." Lacy finally started pushing. "I can see the head!"

Noah POV

"I can see the head!" I was becoming excited as my baby was on its way into the world. I wanted to run into the room to see my wife but I wanted Grace to have enough space. I couldn't wait to meet our......

Grace POV

After a long day of labor and ten minutes of pushing, Noah and Lacy have a little boy. Stefan Darkcloud Brown was brought into this world at 9:34 pm on September 3rd. I invited Noah inside to meet his son. "Would you like to meet your son?" Noah was crying as he walked into the room. I walked outside to get some fresh air. I hear Gabe following me as we both sat on the porch holding hands as everyone was celebrating over the new baby. "You did an amazing thing today." Gabe was rubbing his thumb on my hand. I was very tired from a long day of work.

Gabe POV

This is the perfect moment to propose but I don't want to take away from the new baby. "Marry Me." "What?" I pulled out the ring from my pocket. "Oh my God! Yes!" I slid the ring onto her finger. She was crying as she put her hands on either side of my face and kissed me. She kissed me long and hard. I didn't want her to pull away but I needed to breathe. "I want to keep this to ourselves till tomorrow. I don't want to take away from baby Stefan." She laid her head on my shoulder as we looked out onto Browntown. Tomorrow Bam, Bear, Matt, and I would start on our new home but right now it was time to celebrate a new miracle.