On Alert

Bear POV

Ana was sleeping soundly beside me when I heard something outside. I get up to see what was going on outside and I open the door to see if might be a bear or Chris. I see something going along the tree line by Grace and Gabe's cabin. I watched it for a few minutes and then it just stopped. I waited a few more minutes until Ana was calling me. I lock the door behind me as I walked back over to the bed. "What is it?" "You weren't beside me and thought the bad man had taken you." I bring her into my arms and tell her "Daddy, would never let anyone take me away from you. I would be too extreme for them." She laughed as we crawled back underneath the covers to fall back asleep. I had to remind myself in the morning to check by their house.

Gabe POV

I was trying to keep myself awake but couldn't keep my eyes open. I wanted to do everything I could to protect my wife. We may never have children and that would be okay if I could still have my wife. I decide that I need to get some sleep. I push my pillow back down on the bed and curl up to my wife. I bring my arm around her waist to bring her close to me.

Eleanor POV 

I started having a nightmare of one of the times Chris had beaten me. I was cooking his favorite meal, steak and green beans, then he had kept saying he wanted an apple pie made from scratch. I worked all day on the pie. I had to go to the store to buy his favorite drink, whiskey. After he had two glasses, I could not control him. That was the time he would beat me the most. I had been cooking all day to have the food ready as soon as he got home from work. I was setting the table as he walked through the door. He came up behind me and smack my ass. I was wearing his favorite dress to keep him happy. He loved that this dress showed a lot of cleavage and it was short. He loved the idea he could just lift the fabric away and take me wherever he pleased. That night it had gotten rough. He had brought up children and I told him I wasn't pregnant yet. He said it was my fault that I couldn't get pregnant. He got so angry that he pushed both plates off of the table onto the floor as they shattered to pieces. Wine and the whiskey went with them. He ripped opened my dress and took everything off of me as the took me on the table. I started screaming "NO! Your hurting me!" Then I could hear Bam voice tell me to wake up. I was on my back as he was looking down at me without his glasses. I didn't realize I had been crying when he wiped his finger across my face. "It was another nightmare about him. This time he ripped my dress and took me on the table and then beat with his belt." Bam said the same thing as he always did, kissed me on my forehead and pulled me into his arms. I didn't have another nightmare for the rest of the night.

Matt POV

Amelia was asleep with Isabella in our bed. I wanted to keep both of my girls together. I wanted them to know they were safe. I dosed off in my chair as the night continued on till morning. As the day began, the entire family met in the main house for breakfast. The family had made some rules to keep everyone safe. Each wife will need to stay with their husband. The kids would not be allowed outside to play. Everyone has to have a gun on them at all times until he is caught. That day, Lacy and Noah were handing into town to do some work at the theatre. She had taken some time off because of her pregnancy. Noah had asked me to bring Isabella and Amelia with them to help with the theatre. Since only six of were going, we decided to take the grey skiff with us into town.

Lacy POV

We reached Hoonah as we made our way to the theatre. Noah and I were holding hands thinking about how we first met. The first time we saw each other in the café. When we finally knew each other names, we got married on the stage. We hadn't had that much alone time with everything going on. The double wedding, Snowbird becoming pregnant, Grace trying to get pregnant, and the whole Chris thing. The kids were playing on the stage as Matt and Isabella were checking the front half of the theatre. Noah and I check out the back stage area and the dressing rooms. We enter the last dressing room as he closed the door behind him. Then he locked it. He walks over to me with a smile on his face. He cups my face in his hands as he kisses me. We can't keep our hands off each other. It was hard with the baby getting in our way but we made it work. I never thought he was this type of man. We had only made love in a bed. He slides my underwear to the side as I sat on top of him. I started moving my body against him and I took him on the floor.

Amelia POV

Lacy said she was going to check the dressing rooms. I come up to the door of dressing rooms and noticed that it is locked. Then I hear them moaning inside the room. I walk quietly away to make sure neither of the kids walk by the door. Matt meets me off stage as the kids put on a show. "Noah and Lacy are having sex in the last dressing room." "What?" "I heard them when I went to find them. They sounded like they were going at it." "Don't tell me that, he is my little brother." "I wish we could do that." "You want to be in charged tonight?" "Yes" "I'll ask Gabe to keep Isabella." My body became excited thinking about the night ahead. Noah and Lacy come out from backstage as Matt and I start laughing at them. They know we know what they did. We make our way back to the skiff as we make the 10-mile journey home.

Snowbird POV

Grace was doing an ultrasound on the baby. We were going to hear the heartbeat today. Blaine was working on an order that had to be done today. She couldn't find a heartbeat. I look at the ultrasound to see nothing. I started tearing up at the thought that I had lost the baby. She turns to look at me and gave me a hug as I cried. I had to tell him. I walk to our home to see him concentrating on his order. I sniffled as he looked up at me "Did you hear the heartbeat?" "No, she couldn't find the baby." He put down all of his tools as he wrapped his arms around me. We stood there just holding each other as we mourned the loss of our baby.

Chris POV

I had put a drug in the older sister's water bottle. I knew it would kill the baby. Everything is falling into place. I just had a few more steps to complete for my plan to work. I wanted them to be vulnerable when I take them on at full force.